Saturday 25 June 2016

Beetling Along!

BRRRRRRRRRR!!!! It's VERY cold here on top of our 'hill' this weekend, with temperatures dipping towards the zero mark and not climbing much above 10 ... and that's not taking into account the icy gale-force winds ... BRRRRRR!!!

So ... since you all know how much I LOOOOOOVE winter ... NOT!! ... you can imagine that my Beloved Geek Boy and I are hibernating in our living room enjoying the warmth of a roaring fire.  Not only am I enjoying my GB's lovely company ... :0) ... I've been BEETLING along with my VW Beetle quilt. First I added some borders to top and bottom ...

Don't you just love the cheery batik colours? They're definitely brightening up a gloomy winter's weekend. :0) I've also  sewn the hearts for the side borders together, but needed to take a bit of time out to work out what to do with the corners. So it was a good opportunity to stop for a cuppa in front of the fire. :0)

I've now worked out what I want to do, but I discovered that I was all out of EasyFix so I had to make a quick trip to the Quilters Angel to stock up. Now I'm all set ... idea, fabric and EasyFix on hand, so tomorrow ... when they tell me it will be even COLDER - EEK!! ... I'm hoping to get the top completely finished so these cuties can get beetling along to becoming a pattern ready for beetle fans to make their very own version of this fun quilt. :0)

So what are you up to this weekend? Is it cold where you are, or are you enjoying some summer sun? Wherever you are and whatever you're up to, I hope your weekend includes some time to be creative. I promise to be back soon with a beetle update. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

5 comments:

sunny said...

How nice to have a roaring fire and some stitching to see you through this cold spell. Love the Beetles!!

Chookyblue...... said...

we struggeld to make 10 yesterday and they forecast 8 for today..........thats almost unheard of........let alone the wind chill.........OMG

Raewyn said...

It's been a warm weekend for us.... currently 20 degrees! But the fire's still going as these temperatures wont hold! Your beetles are gorgeous!! Happy cozy sewing :-)

Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

Wow, We could use some of your frigid temps yesterday when it reached 100 F in Georgia. I decided then and there I do not like this hot weather! We are all so fickle, when it is hot, we want cold and vice versa. Like your VW quilt. You will need to make more quilts to keep you warm!!!!

Fiona said...

its so lovely seeing those happy beetles and hearts coming together.... Its so vibrant.
Keep warm...
Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...