Friday 16 March 2018

Testing, Testing! And A Weekend Catchup!

Happy Friday to all you gorgeous creatures out there in blogland! :0) I hope you've had a fantastic week. I'm pretty sure that time thief has been messing with me again, cos here it is ... Friday ... & I'm just managing to get back here to tell you about my LAST Friday. OOPS! :0)

Part of my problem was technical ... For complicated (& annoying!) reasons, I had to reset my Google password ... & that messed with SOOOOOOO many things that I forgot we're even linked to my Google account ... One of which was the blogging ap I had been using on my iPad. Apparently it was no longer compatible with Google, but as long as I had stayed logged in, it had let me keep using it. So my Beloved Geek Boy went looking for an alternative for me & after a couple of false starts, this one is closest to the one I'd been using ... So this is the test. :0)

Right ... So last Friday my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette drove up the 'hill' from Brisbane for our first play date in quite a while. We decided to start our day by visiting somewhere we'd found on Facebook ... The Old Dairy , which offers a fun selection of vintage wares, collectibles & nick-knacks in the rustic surroundings of ... You guessed it! ... An old dairy. :0) It was a bit of a drive, but after our recent rain, everything was lush & green, so it was a pretty drive.

Once there, we had a look around & I confess, a couple of pretty things followed each of us home. :0) We then decided to top up our body fuel tanks with the coffee & cake special, which we chose to enjoy in the lovely pottager garden. I had garden envy. :0)



This was our view looking back down to the old dairy. Lots of cute & homey garden beds with quirky additions of pots & odd planters.



Some lovely big gum trees watched over us ... & more vege gardens ...



Looking up the hill ... Vege gardens & a grapevine draped frame ... You can see our little table to the right there, with Lynette pretending she doesn't know I'm taking photos! :0)



And here we are with our coffee & cake. What we both enjoyed about The Old Dairy was that it wasn't flash or fancy, made no claims to being gourmet ... It was as if you'd popped over to a friend's house for morning tea ... They were using their pretty, but mismatched china, had made nice French press coffee & cooked a cake & slice or two. We'll be going back for a return visit next time Lynette comes for a play date. :0)

Now ... Since this was the closest to my upcoming birthday that we would get to catch up, Lynette gave me my birthday giftie ...



... An oil diffuser. I've been looking for a nice, larger size diffuser for a while now & had mentioned to Lynette that I liked the wood finish style ... Et voila! I love it ... & it's making me smile as I type this. :0) The light changes through the whole rainbow spectrum & I'll often find myself mesmerised for ages by the changing colours. It also makes a gentle trickle sound as the water is heated to create the vapour, which I find relaxing. The best bit for this forgetful Pooh Bear is that you can set the timer on it for short lengths of time, or continuously ... And it automatically turns itself off when the water level drops below the set mark. No more scorched oil smells when I get sidetracked sewing & forget to top up. :0)

So ... That's how I spent last Friday. Today I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on the pattern requirements & instructions for the "Keys Of Life" stitchery pattern so it should be available next week. But right now, the kettle is calling my name, so I'm going to make myself a cup of tea & sit & watch the colours change on my diffuser ... I lead such an exciting life, don't I?!? Tee! Hee! Hee! Enjoy your weekend & til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

geek boy to the rescue.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...