Saturday 21 September 2019

SDDO 2019 -Part 2!

Helloooooo! Here I am again, as promised, with another instalment of my update of Stitchers Dream Day Out hosted by the Marvellous Marion & Stupendous Steph of the Quilters Angel.

So ... When last we saw our heroes ... Oops! A little carryover from a childhood of watching "Danger Mouse", "Scooby Doo" & "Secret Squirrel" showing there, with a touch of "Rocky & Bullwinkle" & "Roger Ramjet" thrown in! Tee! Hee! Hee! SSDO ... One of the most enjoyable parts of SDDO is a whole day (or two!) spent with gorgeous gals, whether they're friends you've known for years, or friends you've met by being seated at the same table. One of my fave parts of this event is that my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette comes up the'hill' to play ...


Here she is ... Proving that despite the fact that most of the photos I share of her show her eating, she DOES do other things! Tee! Hee! Hee! Lynette stitching. And to prove that I DO in fact stitch ... A wee bit!! ... At these gatherings ...


Not my best look! Kind of a cross between Granny Grey & Kindly Librarian! :0P And a few of our Friday Nutters were on hand, too ...you can see Miss Sue behind me there ...


Miss Julie giving her 'startled possum' impersonation. :0)


... And Miss Wendy getting photographic proof that not only did she stitch this year ... She finished her stitchery! YAY! :0) And SDDO is also a time to catch up with friends from other places who we only get to see once a year ...


Felicity & I met about five or six years ago when she & some friends first attended SDDO & while we DO chat a little on Facebook, September is our only face to face catch up each year. You can see her absorbing a mini workshop with Kate here from Faeries In My Garden. And of COURSE SSDO means time spent with two of the most AWESOME ladies I know ...


Steph & Marion. I've never met two ladies who work harder (there is a LOT of behind-the-scenes work needed to run a quilting shop as gorgeous as the Quilters Angel !), who achieve more, who give more or who encourage people to be creative more than this dynamic duo. Not only have they been my biggest encouragers & cheerleaders in my designing journey, they have become two of my most trusted & loved friends! 😘

And on that heartfelt ... & slightly mushy!! ... Note ... That's the end of part 2 of my SDDO wrap up. Yes ... Believe it or not, there's still MORE! :0) Stay tuned M

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS






1 comment:

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Oh all those friends. That is so special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...