Friday 8 October 2021

And The Crazy-Busy Continues!

Yep ... just when I think life can’t get any crazier, it proves me wrong! ๐Ÿ˜œ Somehow I find myself in the middle of October, convinced Christmas was just last week & my phone’s calendar ap is malfunctioning when it tells me what day it really is. ๐Ÿ˜ The last couple of weeks have been even busier than usual with lots of time spent travelling, amongst other things, but there has been some fun stuff mixed in.

Last Friday I took a drive down our ’hill’ to catch up with my Bestest-Buddy-Snce-We-Were-Nine Lynette. It had been a couple of months since we’d caught up so we decided to treat ourselves to high tea at a new spot Lynette discovered.


Don’t you just love these old corner store buildings? And the food ...


DEEEEEEEEELISH! ๐Ÿ˜ I think this spot might need to go on the repeat-visit list.

Saturday I enjoyed a catch-up with some of my crazy stitching tribe, which was lovely as always. Then Sunday GB & I took a ‘little’ drive to tow his folks’ camper four & a half hours north to Woodgate beach, helped them set up camp & drove home again in the one day ... deciding at the end of it with sore backs & butts from sitting that maybe shorter trips are better these days! ๐Ÿ˜œ It seems that although we don’t mind getting older, our bodies are taking it badly! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ Monday was a public holiday here in Queensland so it was catch-up-on-grown-up-chores day before heading back into the work week, which was busier than usual due to said public holiday giving one less work day in which to tackle the work needing to be done. With the next two weekends looking almost as busy again, GB & I have decided that this weekend we’re pulling up the drawbridge, releasing the moat-monsters & hiding from the world ... we’ll be hiding in our blanket fort on the sofa, only emerging to find snacks, if you’re looking for us! Tee! Hee! Hee!

But before I get on to building my blanket fort, I thought I’d better pop in to remind OPAMers that it’s time to update sidebar lists (if blogger is playing nicely for you. ๐Ÿ™„) & email me your September finishes tally list. I didn’t get to add any finishes (see previous comments about life being crazy-busy!) but I did get the baby quilt for my Sorta-Sister to flimsy stage ...


Cheeky Chimpies. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The colour isn’t great in this pic ... the appliquรฉ blocks’ background colour is a soft dusty blue & you can see I’m still using up my stash of blues/greens. I’ve now got this bundled up with its backing & wadding to drop into my quilting fairy the Fabulous Fiona this week. This wasn’t going to be written up as a pattern but ... I’m thinking about it now as I love how it turned out! ๐Ÿ˜œ

And that’s about it from the Meares’ Madhouse for now ... apart from letting you know that Facebook isn’t allowing me to post on my Tag Along Teddies page at the moment ... who knows why! ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ณ  The constant changes & rewriting of rules, conditions & algorithms of social media just does my head in. What ever happened to, “if it ain’t broke - don’t fix it!” SIGH! For now, though, I’m off to hang another load of washing on the line (still playing catch-up with chores. ๐Ÿ˜œ) & then I think I’ve earned a bit of time for a cup of tea & a read. Whatever you’re up to this weekend, stay safe, stay well, keep stitching & keep smiling. ๐Ÿ˜Š Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 



4 comments:

Maria said...

Sure is crazy time!
Nice you got to catch up with your bestie and that high tea does look delicious ๐Ÿ˜‹
The baby quilt is just so cute…
Have done post and updated side bar but must email you my finishes for Sept before it end of October?

Cheryll said...

Your cheeky monkeys quilt looks great & so much FuN... xox

Janice said...

That high tea definitely looks “deelish”. A good find by Lynette. I’m glad that there was some fun stuff in your busyness. Cheeky chimps is such a fun little quilt.

Chookyblue...... said...

High tea looks pretty good.....
Yep blink and the years gone.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...