Friday 11 February 2011

Celebrate EVERY Day!!

We've all heard the saying "Celebrate Every Day", right? Well today, I decided to take that literally. You see, I had invited my two Dancing Buddies, Lynda and Debbie De over for lunch when our usual Tuesday get-together was interrupted by a juice explosion/sticky uniform dilemma for Deb's daughter ... don't ask!! If you have teenagers, you'll understand! :0) So, last night while doing the weekly grocery shopping, I was wondering what to get for our lunch. Something yummy that didn't take too long to prepare ... cos I didn't want to miss out on too much chatting time while preparing lunch! :0) I finally decided we'd just 'graze' and I'd put together some party-type nibbles ... which led me to thinking ... why not have a PARTY! Hmmm ... no birthdays, no anniversaries, not quite Valentine's Day ... I know ... we'll celebrate ...

"Friendship Friday!"

Perfect!! So this morning after my Beloved Geek Boy had tamed his corner of the lounge for us, so there would be enough chairs (you wouldn't believe how many chairs one husband needs to 'file' his 'stuff'!!!) I popped my Christmas table in the middle of the lounge and ... VOILA! We were ready for a Friday Party!
A pretty tablecloth (one of last weekend's discovered treasures!!) the trio sets Lynda and Deb gave me for my birthday/Christmas gifts, our fave hot beverage sachets, some party fare and we were ready to go! I even printed out some pretty labels for our cups ...


Goth Chick extraordinaire, Debbie De ...


Hippie Chick, Flower Child Lynda ...


Gypsy Chick and Mad Bear Woman ... ME! :0) Or as my father refers to us, the Triple Trouble Trio! I don't know WHAT he's talking about ... REALLY!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!


I think the gals thought I was slightly dotty (OK, so they have actuall known that for a while, this just confirmed their opinion! Tee! Hee! Hee!) but they soon got into the spirit of celebrating "Friday" with me and we had a lovely morning of picking at party food, drinking copious amounts of tea/coffee and chatting. Isn't it nice to have friends you can just hang out with? I think celebrating "Friendship Friday" could catch on, what do YOU think?! :0)

I was doing a little happy dance today, too, cos I found a couple of special things in my mailbox ... though the front garden is getting so wild and overgrown from all the rain at the moment that my poor postie must feel like Indiana Jones every time he goes searching for my mailbox! Tee! Hee! Hee! The first fun mailbox find was the latest issue of "Handmade" (Vol. 28 No. 11). Not only is it a fun issue cos it's chock-full of quick projects that take from half an hour to a weekend to make, on page 40 you'll find ...


My "Faith, Hope, Love" shabby chic heart swag! This was such a fun project to make and I hope "Handmade" readers have fun making their version too. It's a fabulous way to use up those little bits of your pretty fabric that are too small for most projects. And they look fabulous back in their place on my kitchen hutch ...

I have a few more projects in issues of "Handmade" in coming months, so will let you know when they're published. It's always so much fun to see my projects in magazines for people to enjoy making! :0)

The other yummy mail to arrive was ...

Some DELICIOUS charm square packs in the "Charlevoix" range. (don't ask me how to pronounce that, my French teacher had a lisp that made life VERY confusing!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I've been eyeing this range off for a while because the colours are so pretty and the designs so cheerful ... and just right for what I have in mind to decorate my sewing room later in the year. So when the lovely Sarah of Patchworks Plus was having a charm sale ... WEEEEEEEELLLLL ... I just couldn't resist! :0) Thanks for leading me astray again, Sarah! Not that I NEED much leading! Tee! Hee! Hee! I already have a design sketched out for these yummy charm squares, so once I clear the decks a bit, I'll be able to play with them. Back to my usual dilemma ... So many pretty fabrics, so many new design ideas, so little time and play money! Tee! Hee! Hee! I promise to update you as I get to work on them.

In the meantime, I'm off to do a bit more stitching on the project I showed you last post ... no one has guessed what I'm up to yet with my letters! :0) I'll be back to show you the finished projects by the end of the weekend ... I hope! Well ... that's the PLAN ... but you never know what will happen between now and then, so make sure you take a leaf out of the Triple Trouble Trio's book and celebrate EVERYDAY ... even the ordinary ones can be made fun with a bit of imagination! :0) Have a fabulous weekend!! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

8 comments:

BubzRugz said...

Hi Kris, Friendship Friday sounds great... I lo-o-o-ve your cups and saucers!! Lovely mail ..... nearly as yummy as tea!
Hugz

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Friendship Friday sounds like a winner to me Kris. Lots of party food, friends and laughter - what more could you ask for at the end of the work week.
Hope you have a fantastic weekend too.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

What a lovely idea kris and how lucky are your friends for having you as a friend,i love you idea about friendship friday.The handmade that your hearts are in is that out now or is it in the next one,they are gorgous and i love how you hang them on the dresser.
Enjoy your charm packs.
cheers shez
http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh I love the idea of Friendship Friday!!! and that fabric....makes my heart skip a beat!!

Susan In Texas said...

Friendship Friday, I like that! Love your swag and your party. Celebrate every day is a good way to live.

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

Maria said...

Friendship Fridays are great. I have one every week with our exercise group. We do coffee and cake afterwards. LOL. Is thst why we do the class. :)
Congratulations on having your lovley swag project published Kris.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
What a wonderful way to spend a Friday!
Well done on your hearts being published, looking forward to seeing what else is coming up in Handmade.
Hugs,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Oohh... nice heart swag! Looks great. What a great idea.... Friend Friday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...