Wednesday 9 February 2011

Stitchin' Away!!

I know ... I've been a bit quiet again blog-wise ... though I HAVE managed to hop around to visit some of my blogging buddies in the last few days, so that should count, right?!?! :0) This week's been a bit busy with my boss back from two weeks' holiday and we're playing catch up ... you know how it goes! :0) I HAVE, however, managed to fit in some stitchin' time. I can't show you ... YET! ... but Lavender Lil is FINISHED!! And if I do say so myself ... she is seriously CUTE!! :0) She'll be making her way to "Handmade" for an issue later in the year ... stay tuned and I'll let you know which issue ... as soon as I know, that is! :0)

The other stitching I've been plugging away at has been on a project I started before Christmas that got interrupted by the Christmas stitching. Do you remember this sneaky peek??

Well ... with a bit more stitching ... quite a LOT more stitching in fact! :0) It now looks like this ...


The quilting has been done, I just have to find time to cut the binding to attach ... maybe on the weekend. I've enjoyed working with the yummy "Pure" fabrics ... not my usual colour palette, but fun to challenge myself a bit and work outside my usual square. :0) I've also been doing some stitching on a companion project for this new pattern ...


Gimme a "T"!! Don't you love the chocolate brown with the icy blue? And ...


Gimme an "O"!! Hmmm ... what do you think I'm cooking up??? I'm going to keep you in suspenders a little longer! Tee! Hee! Hee! I promise all will be revealed soon ... I PROMISE! :0)

But right now, my poor tired little eyeballs are starting to droop out of their sockets, so I'm off to keep a date with my pillow ... we seem to have only a passing relationship these days ... we may need counselling! Tee! Hee! Hee! If I didn't have to sleep, I could get so much more done! Ah well ... off I go to climb into my jim-jams. Hope your week is ticking along as productively as mine is! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

13 comments:

Susan In Texas said...

I love the chocolate brown with ice blue; it looks wonderful together! Your bear is adorable. I can't wait to see the whole project. As I'm starting to design projects of my own, I'm gaining a whole new level of respect for designers. SO MANY DECISIONS! I'm not normally paralyzed by decision making, but some of these are TORTURE! You make it look so effortless!!!!

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas

PS I just found out Geoffrey Rush is from Toowoomba. We just saw him in the King's Speech, which was a really great movie.

Sheila said...

I love the bear , just adorable , can't wait for the reveal . hugs Sheila

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

What a cute bear! Gorgeous colours.

Lynn said...

That is darling, I love (or is it hate - because I an impatient person) sneak peeks!

De said...

Those colours work so well together Kris and the bear is so cute! Cant wait for the final "reveal"

Anonymous said...

Ohh Kris i just love the brown and blue and what a cute bear cant wait to see finished project and i am so looking forward to meeting lavender lil.
cheers shez
http://shez-enjoyinglife.blogspot.com

Mistea said...

You have been busy and this is an adorable looking project. Lovely colours.
Thanks for sharing the peeks in your sewing space.

Linda said...

Oh I loooove the colours in this quilt and the bear is so cute.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Love this colour combo Kris and isn't that little bear the cutest!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

That's definately a great colour combo! Very cute.... T O Y S ?!

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Oh those color combos are so nice!
The bear is great! keep stitchin away!

Bearly Sane said...

Love the colour combo Kris ... all too cool!! Can't wait to see the completed quilt.
It was good of you to stop by, always love hearing from my friends. Like you I have been knocked off my feet lately and feel so guilty when I don't do the rounds even though most understand what we're like when we get creating etc. etc.
The BMV online teddy show starts tonight, 8pm at www.teddybearsandcritters.com if you have time, drop by it'll be fun and we have a chat room ready to go on the forum.
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio

bubbachenille said...

Totally loving the heart garland in this months Handmade Mag !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...