Tuesday 23 April 2013

Painty Projects & A Bloggy Buddy!!

Are you surprised to see me back here so soon? I DID tell you I'd try to get back this week to share some photos with you of my finished painty projects ... I think I've finally managed to wash all the paint off me ... I seem to get almost as much paint on myself as my projects! Tee! Hee! Hee!

OK ... first up is our 'new' wardrobe. Remember it started off looking like this ...

... and with a bit of sanding and several coats of paint (thanks for all your help Dad!!!) ...

... it's taken on a whole new, slightly French provincial personality. The light isn't fantastic, but you get the idea ... I'm REALLY happy with how this wardrobe has scrubbed up. And although I couldn't find the door and drawer knobs that I wanted (you know ... the ones that were EVERYWHERE a couple of months ago and nowhere to be found now!!!) I'm happy with how these antique-brass-look ones came up. I originally thought about trying to 'shabby' it up a bit, but my Beloved Geek Boy has trouble coping with furniture that is painted and then deliberately chipped, knocked around or 'shabbied'. :0)

On to the second painty project ... the kitchen cupboard thingy ... which I never quite know what to call, but Maria referred to it as a kitchette, so I will be led by her ... plus it's shorter to type than 'kitchen cupboard thingy'! Tee! Hee! Hee! So ... from this ...

... to this ...

I am REALLY happy with how this beauty has come up!! I had thought I would add a French transfer to the bottom door panels ... testing out a technique seen on Pinterest ... but couldn't find any wax paper at the supermarket ... and now I kind of like it as it is. I'll keep an eye out for more pretty little hangy-things ...

... but for now I will just admire my pretty teacups ... which are readily on display through the new clear glass. :0) And do you recognise another painted lady on top of the kitchette?

 Yep ... the hat case I painted is on the left, with a pretty tag tied on with tea-dyed lace and keeping it company is a white doctor's bag-style bag that came to me after my great-aunt passed away last year (aged 99!!!) and a couple of vintage ports (suitcases for non-Queenslanders!!) that have been waiting for the perfect spot to sit. Add a dainty doily dolly my inlaws gave me for my birthday and it's looking more 'lived in'. :0)

... A few of my newer treasures that I don't think I've shared before ... I love the two end plates ... I might just have to keep an eye out for them in other colours ... the birth of a whole new collection! Tee! Hee! Hee!

So ... there you go ... a couple of painty projects crossed off the ol' "To Do" list ... which feels great! :0)

On a different note ... A flat minor perhaps??!! Tee! Hee! Hee! ... It's always lovely to meet up with a bloggy buddy and I had the chance to do that today. Even though we chat to bloggy buddies all around the world, I am often reminded that the world is, in fact, often a SMALL place. A while ago, I shared some pics on my blog of the gorgeous gardens at the retirement village where I work four mornings a week and mentioned that the village is at Highfields, about 20 minutes north of Toowoomba. Imagine my surprise and amusement when one of my bloggy buddies, Janice, said that her aunt and uncle live in a retirement village at Highfields ... you guessed it!! The same village where I work! :0) 

Now, since Janice lives in NSW and has only been up this way on quick visits, we hadn't ever managed to meet up, but today, my office door slid open and there was Janice and her beloved, Mick ... what a lovely surprise to start my work day! :0) Much chatting ensued ... we even drove my boss out of the office with our chatter! Tee! Hee! Hee! Good thing he's used to my chatterboxy ways! :0) It was lovely to meet Janice and Mick in "real life" as they passed through on their way home from a motorcycle event. Janice was off to hit the shops with her aunty and Mick was off to play croquet ... ooh! la! la! :0) But we were good bloggers and remembered to get a happy snappy first ...

Lovely to meet in 'real life' Janice! Hopefully your next visit will fall away from Tuesday so we can go and play at my Home-Away-From-Home! Oops! Did you just hear Mick and GB groan out loud?! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Well ... that's it from me for now. I hope to be back soon to share some photos of some stitchy projects that I have managed to finish ... just need to add a few finishing touches to their display. Hope your week is off to a fantastic start and that it includes some time to create. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS








9 comments:

Christine M said...

Both cupboards have come up beautifully Kris. I just love them. I'd love to have one of those kichette cupboards. Maybe one day I will!

Anonymous said...

wow Kris your cupboards look fantastic,lovely post well done.xx

Chookyblue...... said...

Glad you got to meet Janice she is lovely isn't she......

Michelle Ridgway said...

How nice to met a blogging friend in person. Your cupboards are simply gorgeous.
Hugs x

Maria said...

Love the way both the cupboard and kitchenette have come up with a few caots of paint...I am sure you could make a lovely Hangy thing...
How nice to meet Janice in person,It is really a small world. I have followed her blog for some time and enjoy going riding with them all over the country side.

Fiona said...

Your 'new' cupboards look great.. well done you... fun to meet Janice - ....
Hugz

Katherine said...

Excellent work on your cupboards Kris and they have come up a treat.
Its nice to be able to meet up with fellow bloggers.

ittybittyandpretty said...

love love love the cupboards!! you should be so proud of yourself, you clever little chicken. xxrosey

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You got to meet Janice and Mick, they are a gorgeous couple....love what you have done with the cupboards....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...