Tuesday 30 April 2013

Tuesday's Treasure!!

Here I am, back as promised to share today's instalment of my week of ...

TREATS

TREASURES

BLESSINGS


&

MINI-MIRACLES


I have to say, today was a really easy day to pick a treat, treasure, blessing or mini-miracle to share with you. You see ... about nine years ago, I did something I'd been wanting to do for years. Something DARING! Something  RISQUÉ! Something UNUSUAL! Something LEFT-OF-CENTRE! Something ... FUN!!!! I joined a belly-dance class! You were on a completely different wave-length there, weren't you?! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now, not only did I discover that I LOVE belly-dancing, I was fortunate enough to meet two very special ladies ... Lynda and Deb. We'd all been in the same dance class for a couple of months when someone suggested we hit a coffee shop after class ... about six of us did and somehow, Deb, Lynda and I (The Terrible Trio my Dad calls us!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) got chatting. Next time, just the three of us went for coffee ... the next time  lunch ... then we alternated meeting at each other's home for lunch ... until we found that we'd built a lovely friendship. (brace yourself ... photo coming!!)




Although the three of us no longer attend dance class together (we all dropped out for one reason or another as 'life' interfered, but I've just started back again ... oh my aching muscles!!!!) our friendship has continued to grow stronger and we try to meet up at least one a week for lunch ... usually on a Tuesday. (see now why I knew there would be something special for Tuesday's check-in! :0) ) Now, Deb couldn't come today, but Lynda was able to and we've just finished a lovely relaxed time of lunch, chatting, cuppas and laughing. Today, my gorgeous friend Lynda is my Tuesday Treasure ...


I feel very blessed to have so many wonderful friends in my life. No two are the same, though we all overlap at some point of our interests/talents/hobbies, and each one splashes my life with beauty and joy and is more precious to me than gold! Lynda and I both like to stitch (though she doesn't get much time to do so!), we both love to read  ... and we both have a warped sense of humour! Tee! Hee! Thanks, Lynda for being such an important part of my life ... and for being my TREASURE this Tuesday!! Here's to many more Tuesday lunches! Tee! Hee! Hee! (I would have had TWO Tuesday Treasures if Deb had managed to join us, but I'll try not to be too greedy and 'make do' with one! Tee! Hee! Hee!)

And while Lynda was here, I gave her a little surprise ... one  that has been on my WISP list for quite a while now ... you could say it was a very WISPY WISP! :0)

Hmmm ... the photo is a bit dark cos we'd closed the blind against the glare, but can you see the pretty, fuzzy purple and pink scarf Lynda is modelling beautifully? :0) And in the background you'll see I'm still enjoying Monday's MINI-MIRACLE! :0)

BTW ... If you're looking for more treasures on a Tuesday ... the lovely Melody over at The House On The Side Of  The Hill hosts a link up party on the second Tuesday of each month, so pop across and take a peek.

So ... how is YOUR week going so far? Are you keeping an eye out for TREATS, TREASURES, BLESSINGS and MINI-MIRACLES?? Even if you don't blog about them, I hope my little challenge to myself encourages you to look for the splashes of joy in each day.

I'm off to play Polly and put the kettle on ... I know ... I seem to do that a lot, but as my Nan used to say, 

"Everything looks better after a sit down and a cup of tea." :0)

My Nan was a wise woman, don't you think! Tee! Hee! Hee!  Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS

PS. OPAM gals ... today is the last day of April!! Please update your sidebar lists and email Sweet Peg and me with your month's tally of finishes.




3 comments:

Fiona said...

friends really are a lovely Treasure... it was great to meet Linda last year at stitchers day.... well done for getting back to the dancing... I expect some 'moves' on Friday!
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love, that photo...you all look gorgeous.....friends are the best treasures...xx

Mistea said...

Perfect treasure. Love the 'evidence'.
Pretty wispy gift too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...