Friday 7 April 2017

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Fun!!

Hello to all of my lovely blogging buddies out there in blogland! I hope you've had a fantastic week. Mine seemed to disappear in a flash, but I didn't mind too much because it meant Friday came around quickly. Now even though Friday is usually a good day because I don't have to go to work, this week was extra special because a few of the Friday Nighters were meeting up for a play date ... At the Meares Madhouse! :0)

Since I missed our last mini retreat, our last sewing night got cancelled & our next one falls on Good Friday, we were worried about having stitching buddy withdrawal symptoms. :0) My crazy-busy week meant I spent the morning racing around like a crazy person to make the house look like two reasonably responsible adults live here rather than two irresponsible & messy teenagers :0) but that's been good, because now I'll have more time over the weekend for fun stuff! :0)

So after lunch ...


.. This mottley crew gathered around our dining room table to chat, eat, drink tea ... Oh! ... And stitch. :0)


Look at those cheeky faces! And then they try to tell me that I'M the instigator of the Naughty Table! Hmmmmmmm!!

Just to prove there WAS some stitching done ...


... Sue finished the stitchery part of a Nikki Tervo Brandy Gully design. (She's holding it carefully so she doesn't get vanilla slice stickiness on her work! Tee! Hee! Hee!)

Since the weather has taken a cool dip, (RATS!) I made a big batch if pumpkin soup & a fresh loaf of sourdough rye bread - YUMMO! Then for dessert, Chris made ...


Trifle! DOUBLE YUMMO!! I have to tell you, we all waddled away from the table! :0) Thanks for coming to visit me, girls! We'll have to do it again soon. :0)

But now, it's past even this night-owl's bed time, so I'll sign off for now. I'll be back before the end of the weekend with the OPAM prize draw winner, so stay tuned. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


 


 


 


 

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Looks wonderful fun..
...Lucky you.....

sunny said...

Nothing like a play date with the stitchy girls!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Always lovely to stitch and chat with friends....yummo trifle indeed x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,wow sounds like you had an awesome time with the girls,oh such yummy food,hope you have a lovely weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...