Sunday 30 April 2017

Another Try!!

I know it seems like forever since I posted, but over the last two weeks I've written five posts ... It's just that none made it to the blog ... SIGH!! A couple were somehow erased before I could save or post them, a couple went to the wrong blog (sorry Chookyblue!) and the last try said it posted ... But it never showed up on my blog, so goodness knows where it ended up!

I confess that after the last mishap, I threw up my hands in disgust & defeat & SULKED! :0) Then life got a bit crazier than usual & blogging went on the back burner. Today I thought I'd give it one more shot before resigning myself to having to post only from my laptop rather than the convenience of my iPad. Fingers crossed! :0)

I can't quite bring myself to write about our Easter adventures for the sixth time, but thought I'd share some pics of an actual sewing finish - yay me! :0) The life stuff that happened last week was my 94 year old Grandma having a fall which broke her leg & hip. Thankfully, she moved into supported living in December so a nurse found her pretty quickly & got her off to hospital. 


Here's Grandma & my aunt having a celebratory birthday drink back in March.  So, after her fall, Mum & Dad did a quick reshuffle of commitments, packed their bags & headed to Bundaberg to be with Grandma. She has since undergone surgery to pin the damaged leg & faces a pretty lengthy hospital stay, so I wanted to send something special with Mum to cheer Grandma up a bit & maybe help her stay be a little more comfortable. So, I made her a new peanut pillow ...


Here it is sitting on our bed ...


It's made from some pretty pink floral fabric that was tucked away in my stash. As well as making a nice giftie for Grandma, it's also a finish for my OPAM tally. I've done quite a bit of sewing this month, but not complete finishes, so it was good to add a finish. OPAMers, we've run out of another month, so please remember to update your sidebar lists & email your tallies to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg.

 I'm now off to have a cuppa & a bit of a read before hitting the machine again to work on a new quilt design ... Stay tuned! :0) Hope you're having a great weekend whatever you're up to. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

PS. Apologies to all who've left comments or emailed in the last couple of weeks & haven't heard back from me ... I'm way behind in answering but will get caught up ... One day! :0) xx


 


 


 

3 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sounds like you have had some pull your hair out moments...precious photo and your peanut pillow is an awesome gift❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sharm said...

Your not alone in the blog post issue!!! Love the pillow xo

Maria said...

I hear you with the blogging/computer issues....
lovely Peanut Cushion to cheer Grandma up...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...