Sunday 7 May 2017

A Week To Forget!

Just popping in for a quick visit before I keep a long overdue, much needed date with my pillow. 

We've had a "week to forget" here at the Meares' Madhouse. It started with a horrible phone call to say my lovely Grandma was not doing well and any family who were able, were encouraged by her Dr to gather. So random items were thrown in an overnight bag and we headed for Bundaberg. It was probably the longest trip ever!

THANKFULLY ... when we arrived, Grandma had rallied but it has been a week of ups and downs as she improved, slid backwards, seemed to have developed severe dementia, was finally diagnosed with a raging urinary infection that was causing a lot of the problems. The good news is, she seems to be mostly moving forward in her recovery now, but she sure has given us some scares.

Throw in several short weeks and we're feeling a bit scrambled around here. Needless to say ... not much sewing has happened this week. Hopefully this coming week will be a wee bit calmer all round and more condusive to creativity. To everyone who has commented on blog posts recently or emailed OPAM finishes through to me ... I have received them ... thank you! :0) I just haven't had much time at home to reply. I'm hoping I'll get to play catch up, but hope you'll forgive me if I don't.

Thank you to all of you for your well-wishes for Grandma ... I'm sure the prayers on her behalf and having family around her helped pull her through. And thank you for your care and concern for me too ... I've made such lovely, caring friends through blogging. :0)

Right ... off to keep that pillow date. I promise to share some sewing photos soon. Enjoy your week and make sure you take the time to tell your loved ones how much you love them. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

5 comments:

Maria said...

Pleased Grandma is improving but a real scare for you both...
Have a great sleep... hugs 🤗 🤗Maria 😘😘

sunny said...

Glad Grandma is feeling better. When I worked in elder care, I was amazed to learn how many problems could be caused by UTI's. Happy sleeping and sewing!

Chookyblue...... said...

Sending big hugs.... Sick family is such a worry......

Janice said...

Hope your grandma is feeling better. We went through a similar situation with my dad. He was off in lala land and was very confused. As Sunny said UTI is very different in the elderly. There are none of the usual burning and pain that younger people would experience. Instead you have mass confusion and when the UTI was diagnosed and treated things were back to 'normal'. Hope this is the answer for your grandma.

Michelle Ridgway said...

All good wishes for a speedy recovery for your Grandma. Such a worry xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...