Tuesday 16 May 2017

Some Sewing At Last!

Hello to you all out there in blogland. I hope you're all well and enjoying your week so far. Life here at the Meares' Madhouse is still a wee bit unsettled. Grandma is improving - thank you all for your lovely messages wishing Grandma well and checking up on us ... your friendship and concern is so VERY much appreciated! :0) We made another quick trip up to Bundy again on the weekend to see Grandma and bring Mum home. There's definitely some progress happening with Grandma, but she's got a bit of a ways to go before she's back to her fighting-fit self. Good thing she's a "tough old bird" in her own words. :0)

In amongst the trips to Bundy and sqishing our grown up chores into shorter amounts of time, there hasn't been a lot of time for sewing, but I did manage to have some quality time with my trusty Husky last Friday to work on a new quilt design. In fact, I've made TWO versions of it, as one will be a giftie for nephew number three and the second version for the pattern sample ... as soon as I write some instructions ... GROAN!!!

The first version has been off to my amazing Quilting Fairy the Fabulous Fiona and I'm part way through sewing down the binding. Version two is currently visiting Fiona's quilting cave ... can't wait to get it back! Fiona always does such an AMAZING job of bringing my quilts to life!! :0) OK ... so what have I been working on? Here's a peek ...

My what big teeth you have, my dear! :0) Raw edge applique is so much fun to play with. And the finished top for the pattern sample ...

Ta Da! "Dinosaurs Go RAAAH!" This quilt was inspired by my brother's three boys and their love of dinosaurs. I remember having a phone conversation with my brother and he was telling me about a recent visit to the museum ... he said the boys liked the dinosaurs best. Suddenly, in the background there came a little (or not so little!) voice saying, "RAAH!!" My brother's response was, "Yes, dinosaurs go 'RAAAH'!" And so the quilt name. :0) Stay tuned on when the pattern is available ... after the instructions are written ... GROAN! :0)

No other sewing has happened, but I'm pretty happy with what I've managed to acheive ... considering. ;0) I hope your weekend was productive, too, and that your week is off to a great start. I'm off to try to catch up on some sleep ... I've got another busy weekend coming up ... I promise to report back. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


6 comments:

Maria said...

Happy to read Grandma is improving...
Your Dinosaurs are grrrrrrrrreat !

Chookyblue...... said...

Show and tell Friday?
Glad granny has in improved......

Fiona said...

very glad Grandma is doing so well..... and you know I love your Dino's.... and happy playing with them....x
Hugz

Jeanette said...

Glad to hear your Grandma is improving. Love the hanging, so cute. Hugs, xx

Susan said...

What a great quilt for a young boy.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Good news about your Grandma.
Sometimes sewing and crafting has to take a backseat :(
Hope you get some more 'ME' time this week.
Hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...