Friday 26 May 2017

Weekend Catch Up!!

SHEESH! Here I am, just catching up on what happened LAST weekend & THIS weekend is breathing down my neck! Mind you, the weekend is always welcome, I just find myself wondering what the heck happened to the week in between! :0)

So ... Last weekend was the annual Hampton Food & Art Festival. Can I say, for a little passing-through, blink-and-you'll-miss-it spot on the map, Hampton really knows how to put on a show! If you're in the area next year, I'd recommend a visit ... Especially if you're a bit of a fan of fresh, locally owned/grown/produced food & drink. Did I mention there are quite a few wineries in this region?! :0)

Having been to the festival a couple of times now, we knew to wear our walking shoes cos parking is a bit of an issue ... But that gave us a good excuse to sample more yummy foodie treats ... We'd just walk off the calories getting back to the car ... As long as we walked back & forth several times! Tee! Hee! Hee!

After a quick lap around to scope out tasty treats, we popped into the art marquee. One of the guys I work with had entered a piece that I wanted to see in person ... & was chuffed to find he'd received a highly commended! :0)

Then it was time to sample some food. My Beloved Geek Boy was fighting a nasty head cold so wasn't his usual cheerful self & plopped himself in a relatively quiet spot to gobble his lunch & listen to the relaxing jazz music being played live while I contemplated further ...


Oops! He'd gobbled all of the Greek deep fried fetta balls before I got back. Apparently they were pretty tasty. :0) And after being thoroughly entertained by the interplay between family members on the Transylvanian food stand, I enjoyed ...


Grilled Transylvanian stuffed bread. It was a bit like naan bread stuffed with cheese, bacon, mushrooms & spinach then grilled on a barbecue plate. YUMMO!! Then of course, we needed a sweetie treatie. :0)


MMMMMMMMM ... Home made ice cream with fresh raspberry coulee. DEEEEEELICIOUS!! And GB had ...


... Fresh blueberry sauce. Fruit & dairy products are good for you, right?!?! Tee! Hee! Hee! By that stage GB's cold had him ready to head home, so we retraced our steps to stock up on tasty treats for our Sunday supper & toodled back to the car ... Managing to burn the calories in the first mouthful of ice cream we'd taken! :0P And later with our feet up in front of the tele we enjoyed ...


... Locally grown olives, locally produced soft cheeses, some crispy rice crackers & an adult beverage. THAT'S what weekends SHOULD be like. :0)

As I said, the rest of the week has gone by in a blur, with not much sewing being done as the month creeps toward its close ... Which is why OPAMers should be starting to update their sidebar lists & getting ready to email their month's tally to me or my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg. Only a few days left until winter begins ... DARN IT!! & the weather forecasters are cheerfully telling us winter temperatures will kick in immediately! SIGH! This hot weather chick is ready to fly north for the winter!!

I hope you've had a great week & that you have some fun stuff planned for the weekend. I think grown up chores & playing catch up are on my agenda. Good thing tonight's Friday Night Sit N Stitch is adding a bright spot. :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



 


 


 


 


 

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Maybe I should have stayed another day...........looks good..........

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Looks yummy.
Hope GB is feeling better.

sunny said...

Looks like a lovely festival! DH and I are almost always most interested in the available food choices. We have to walk around to check out everything before we decide. Hope GB is feeling better by now.

Raewyn said...

Sounds like a great festival to visit - it's only once a year right - so appreciating good food beats fighting the calories for just ONE day huh?! Hope GB is feeling better by now. This weekend is nearly gone and I still haven't written up about last weekend!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That all looks yummy... lots of fun... hope your darling GB is feeling better❤️❤️

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...