Sunday 11 January 2009

Further Frustrations & A Finish!




This is how I feel at the moment about computers!! It seems my previous post's Happy Dance was a tad premature. Those of you who've been trying to email me again will have realised that the stupid company with the stupid crashed server still hasn't fixed the stupid problem PROPERLY!!! AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! So I've been doing the only thing that really dealt with the problem - SULKING! Tee! Hee! Hee! Ended up turning the computer off entirely and reading a book!!! However, I think I'm now over my fit of peak and thought I'd better tell you all DON'T EMAIL ME YET! I'll pop another little post up when the dust finally settles. Stina knows how I feel - she's been without internet for 10 days, so we've commiserated with each other!!

Now in between swearing at the computer (well ... the company that can't run an efficient server hosting business, anyway!!), sulking and reading - My! I have been busy! Tee! Hee! Hee! I managed to finish off my blue quilt!! Fanfare!! The crowd goes wild!! Wanna see?


I'm really pleased with how it turned out. And before my smarty-pants friends point out the 'rose' coloured inner border - Don't bother!! My beloved Geek Boy has already given me a worried look and said, "You're mellowing - you've bought pink fabric FOR YOURSELF!" I still say it's 'rose'. And it does have spots, so that has to count for something!! Actually, I tried REALLY hard to put other colours as the inner border, but none of them made it 'pop' the way the 'rose' spotty fabric did ... so ... It ended up measuring 52" almost square. (Nothing I make seems to be ENTIRELY square! Tee! Hee! Hee!) So there we go ... my first finish for May Britt's and my Finish One Project A Month challenge. I'll be adding it to my side bar later this afternoon when I try to update my slightly-out-of-date list of challenge participants. Don't panic if you think you've signed up but don't see your name on MY list - check May Britt's list - and then panic if you don't see it! Tee! Hee! Hee! Just kidding! Just drop May Britt an email and she'll fix it right up - and I'll catch up sometime soon!

Right now, though, I'm off to do some Secret Squirrel designing. I know I said I was taking January away from designing, but after a chat with Marian at my fave fabric shop Quilters Angel, I need to get sketching. Can't say too much until details are all finalised, but I will tell you that if you're within travelling distance of Toowoomba, you should set aside the weekend of March 13, 14 and 15!!! Will update you as soon as I can - the suspense is good for you! Tee! Hee! Hee! So until next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

16 comments:

Judy S. said...

You're right, the pink, er rose/fushia, looks great. And it does POP! Don't let technology get you down....remember way back when when we had to write letters and wait for our film to be developed? Nah, maybe you're too young.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Kris we will overlook the 'pink' ..er..rose border this time. It does make it pop so was the perfect colour. The quilt is beautiful too.

You poor thing having to put up with these server problems - how absolutely frustrating for you.
Hopefully we will chat this week.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Teddlywinks said...

Hey Kris - it's definitely rose - NOT pink!!!!! It looks perfect!
Liz

Lyckligs-Cozy-Cottage said...

Wow Kris your first finished project is so nice! I love it! And: I was last year more than 3 months without internet AND phone in cause of changing provider... terrible... but I still live :-) I cross my fingers, that your computer will work soon!
Have a nice sunday!
Gisela

Anonymous said...

Oh I loooove your new quilt, well done you!! Now do not be telling anyone it isn't square...no one will ever know if you don't tell them, it looks lovely!!!
yes I had mail returned to me from you again, well not you but the server you will be with for only a short time longer......I hate computers when they are not working properly, now it feels like one of my arms has been cut off if I don't get at least a dose of computer blogging pals at least once a day!!
Kiss Noises Linda Lilly

May Britt said...

I was going to leave a message on your blog late yesterday to say your email did not work, but I see you discovered it. You manage to mail one message and I was so happy to receive that one LOL Poor dear, give the company a hard kick in the ... from me.
And congratulations with the finish. I love it. The colours are so beautiful. And PINK is a beautiful colour!!!!!!!

Stina Blomgren said...

You must dance a little wilder...sweet friend!! LOL...that was what I was doing ...ok ..it looked more like a voodoo dance but it helped..;o)
Congratulations on your new lovely quilt and number one in a row of many compleated projects!!And I lOVE that LOVELY PINK fabric...it makes the whole quilt...;o)
Cross my fingers for your email problems!!

Betsy said...

lovely finish!

Kriza said...

I love your quilt, it is beautiful.

and I can see you corrected my name, so you must have received my email, thank you! :-)

will you a separate badge or photo album or something for the finished challenges or where will you put them up?

Kristina

Kriza said...

I man will you HAVE a separate badge... but I cannot type. sorry, I must be very tired after skating on a frozen lake for 3 hours with my kids :-)
Kristina

julia said...

Poor Kris! A big hug & a pat on your back...I'll happily lend you a foot or two to kick the «¡“¢[“¶! company a good kick in the... button from me!
Oh my, I love your aqua quilt with a tiny bit of SPOTTY DOTTY 'rose' coloured fabric. It's just gorgeous!
Hee hee - I've got one finish, too, but there was MUCH less work involved *lol* {posted it on my blog}...
All my fingers, toes, and ears are crossed that those nasty issues problems with the interned are solved soon - and permanently!
Huggles,
Julia

julia said...

Oh, a P.S.:I so whish I could say I live in traveling distance to Toowoomba {oh - and I wish I lived in a spot with such a cute name...do you know what the meaning of it is???} I'd head directly to the Quilters Angel and reserve a spot for me! ;o)
I'm looking forward to the project you'll design...

Sue said...

Ohhhhhh server problems are so frustrating! You have my sympathies there. Your quilt is lovely....it deserved a HUGE happy dance! Just in case you need them, here are a few synonyms for that colour you don't use....blush, coral, flush, fuchsia, rose, roseate, salmon.

Sue (WA)

Dee said...

I love your finished quilt. I can understand you needing that bright colour (I won't mention the real colour)to make it "pop" (I love that word too, I'm going to use it all the time now). I am excited because I can get to Toowoomba and will be keeping a close eye on what your're up to. Yippee!!! Congrats on your finished Wisp. Working on mine as I type (very talented I know lol). D :=)

SueR said...

That border looks like hot pink to me, and it's *exactly* what the quilt needed! Beautiful!

Amy said...

I love the quilt, thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...