Sunday 4 January 2009

GOBSMACKED!!


That's what I am!!WOW! When May Britt and I decided to invite all you stitching bloggers to join our challenge to tackle WISP's, little did we realise just how many people have been hoarding WISP's in their sewing cupboards, just waiting for some incentive to finish them off!! We have been overwhelmed by the response so far (not to mention tied to our computers for quite some time to process everything!!) and still they keep rollin' in!! Well ... it may be bigger than Ben Hur, but it sure is great to see how excited everyone is getting about tackling some of their longer term projects. Mind you, I have a funny mental picture of sewing cupboards all over the world, ready to burst because they're stuffed full of our WISP's!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

OK ... just a few house keeping things! Now because this challenge HAS grown a lot bigger and quicker than May Britt and I first envisaged, we're still working out a few little details, so I do hope you'll be patient with us (OK, probably mostly ME!!!) as we wrap our heads around things, clarify things and perhaps (though we'll try not to do too much of it!) change things. Firstly: When you're signing up, can you all PLEASE make sure you give us your FIRST NAME (perhaps a surname initial if your name is a popular one!), your BLOG ADDRESS and your EMAIL ADDRESS. This just makes things a bit quicker and simpler for us to add you to our list. At the moment, we're having to track a few people down through blogger to their blogs and this takes a bit of time - time where we could be tackling OUR WISP's! Tee! Hee! Hee! Also, some of you are registering as "No Reply" when you leave comments, so we can't email you back with details, comments, or just a little welcome. If you don't want to change that, please make sure you give us your email address in the comment you leave. Oh! And if you've registered with us, but your name doesn't appear on our lists for a day or so (allow a little bit of time for us to read our emails then add it) please send May Britt or me an email to let us know, cos we don't want anyone to miss our or feel left out! It certainly won't have been missed on purpose, but with over 100 people already signed up, you can understand things might get a little chaotic!!

So ... now you've registered to be part of our Challenge - what now? Please make sure you pop the Challenge Badge on your blog's side bar with a link to either my blog or to May Britt's. Please also add a list of finished projects for each month to your side bar - like both May Britt and I have done. Not only will this be a great encourager to you as you see what you accomplish, this is where we will be checking at the end of each month to pop your name in to the End Of Month Prize Draw. If you could also email May Britt or I as you finish something, that would be great, as we can then tell others about it with links in our posts. If you'd like to email us a couple of days before the end of each month with that month's finishes, that would be great too for us to double check. And don't forget to post about your finishes on YOUR blog and pop photos on - after all, half the fun of finishing a WISP is showing it off! Tee! Hee! Hee!

One final thing (for now, at least, until I remember something that I forgot to tell you that I had remembered I'd forgotten to tell you!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) the crafts we're including in our challenge will be limited to 'soft' crafts - anything made from fabric, plus knitting and crochet. I know there are a lot of you out there who do other crafts and although we'd LOVE to still hear about them on your blogs as you finish things, they won't count towards our prize draws.

PHEW!! I think that's it ... except for the MOST IMPORTANT THING ...

HAVE FUN!!!

Please don't stress about this, it's just a way for us all to encourage each other to tackle some of our WISP's. And if anyone has any problems at all along the way, please drop an email either to me or May Britt - between us we should be able to come up with a helpful answer!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Now onto the irregularly scheduled craziness of Tag Along Teddies!! :0) In between answering emails, adding to lists, having a little panic attack in the corner!! ... I've actually managed to do a little bit of sewing on MY first WISP to be tackled. It's a quilt for the day bed in my sewing room that's been on the "to do" list for a little while, but it took me some time to find just the right fabrics ... which I finally did before Christmas. I found ...


A bit different to my usual greens, but I fell in love with these ice-blues. Here's what I'm doing with them ...


This is two of five rows that I've put together of the blocks. I'm making this as a quilt-as-you-go quilt so I have a better chance of finishing it for the challenge!! Tee! Hee! Hee! These two rows have had their seam-covering strips sewn down and the others are beside my sewing chair waiting for me to leave the computer and get back to sewing!!!

So ... I think that's what I shall do!! Keep popping in here and over at May Britt's blog so you know what we're up to - and to make sure we're leading by example! Tee! Hee! Hee! And enjoy your stitching challenge journey! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

24 comments:

Lurline said...

Told you, so - knew you would have at least half of Blogland join in - I think it is a great idea, fun and motivational - love your ice blue squares, too - inspirational!
Hugs - Lurline♥

ittybittyandpretty said...

great colours you have chosen!! will do that badge thing later tonight when all is quiet. xxrosey

Joy said...

Wow!!! That's a very long list on your sidebar LOL ... did you and May Britt imagine it would be this HUGE??? Just goes to show we all appreciate a nudge to get stuff done ;o) - and the prizes are a big incentive to he he he.
This is going to be great fun ... thanks Kris :o)!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

May Britt said...

Yoooohooooooo I'm still having my head over the water LOL LOL

Love your fabrics in your WISP

Chookyblue...... said...

better count me in.........now you know what it is like when I start the SSCS......complete bedlam.......

Jo in TAS said...

That looks like the whole of the blogoverse you've got there! Well done Kris and May

Unknown said...

Kris I love the blues , beautiful .
Wait for it - tick - project 1 completed and blogged . See how long I can keep this up for .

Jossie said...

Thank you so much for starting this challenge. It is just what I needed. Feel so relieved that I'm not th only one with piles of UFO's.

Dorothy said...

Kris, you write such a fun blog. It always makes me smile!
With everything going on with Mom right now, I won't be able to join your challenge, but I'll enjoy reading about everyone's progress.

SueR said...

Your vision of overstuffed sewing cupboards is not far off from the truth. Wow, can't believe how many folks signed up, just goes to show lots of us are in the same boat! The ice blues look perfect for a daybed!

Lyckligs-Cozy-Cottage said...

Thats such a great fabric combination! I love it!
Greetings
Gisela

Bea said...

Hi Kris!
I wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for this beautiful challenge!
So I have a question: I finished the feltslippers and the "Mrs Beeton´s" (see on my blog) in January - that are knitted projects - I read your rules... CAN I set this projects (beginning in 2008) as finished projects??? Happy wisping Bea

Mari said...

I'd like to join the challenge as well!! Such a wonderful idea!

Ginger Patches said...

That is so cute...those are two of my very favorite fabrics!!

ittybittyandpretty said...

thanks to your geekiness i have added that badge plus one other photo. you are the best!
oh and i have finished me first project for this month!!! i know only day 5 of jan, mister was away over night so i got some stitching done (instead of smooching)
%*_*% rosey

Cheryl said...

I am so in on this one Kris. Great idea and it will go along nicely with getting Xmas projects done for 2009!!!

Carin said...

Kris your WISP is so beautiful!

Julie said...

I would like to join as well. It is so sweet of you and May to do this!
Julie Stewart
jimbodia@knology.net
www.golbseiluj.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to join your challenge. In fact I had already started this idea in my head and began to finish a project before I found your site. I know this will keep me motivated.

Amy said...

very pretty line,. I can not wait to see it finished..thank you for sharing. Amy

Anonymous said...

I'd like to join!! I put the link up on my blog. Maybe I'll get more accomplished!!! I'm having trouble with eBlog. Will have to be annonoyous but info is here. Judy
http://judy-judysfabricaddiction.blogspot.com/
judyk2310@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you girls started this. I started a new blog and I have searched my photo's from the past 3 years for pictures of projects I did not finish, I have put them in the sitebar, already have 10 quilts I want to finish this year. Just love this challenge

Canarella said...

Is it to late to join???I have a few things...lol...let me know...lani

Jen said...

Hi! I contacted May Brit and added the badge to my fledgling blog. I have three projects lined up for this month...let's see what I accomplish! I am so excited about this challenge! I have a room full of projects awaiting completion! Thanks for putting this together and giving us all the encouragement we need to help get those WISPs out of the closet and into the light of day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...