Tuesday 27 January 2009

Wonderful Weekend & A Wabbit!!

Here I am again, recovering from a busy, but wonderful weekend! It was a long weekend for Australia Day on Monday - a time for flag waving, charcoaling meat on the barbecue, watching the cricket and catching up with friends. Well ... we did two of those things, so I think it could be considered, "Mission Accomplished"! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Saturday was household chores day, but Sunday was PLAY DAY!! My bloggy buddy, Lilly Linda and her beloved Tim took a little drive from Brisbane to come up our Hill (our part of the Great Dividing Range! tee! Hee! Hee!) and started our fun by meeting for lunch at the Village Green at Highfields - where else!! After a little bit of confusion about WHERE we were meeting, (Scott and I were at the FRONT while Linda and Tim were at the BACK!!) we treated ourselves to a yummy lunch.


Who are those celebrities hiding behind dark glasses?!? Tee! Hee! Hee! You can also see that our lunch had just been delivered and we were about to tuck in - YUMMO!!

Of course, after finishing lunch, Linda and I felt OBLIGED to pay a visit to my fave patchwork shop, Quilters Angel, where Marian asked if I was leading Linda astray - I pointed out very quickly that she doesn't need my help and it's more of a mutual encouragement to mischief! Tee! Hee! Hee! The boys were playing with the new car and getting the Bluetooth function to work while we were playing with fabric ... and lace ... and buttons ... and ric-rack .... and ... well you get the picture! :0)

After quick visits home and to the motel for showers, we all met up again at Weis' restaurant for a DELICIOUS smorgasbord dinner!!! Mmmmmm ...!! Diet??? No diets HERE this weekend! Tee! Hee! Hee!


Here we all are, snapped by a helpful waitress! Hmmm ... looks like Scott's had one too many glasses of what's in that ice bucket! Nah, not really, he was just snuggling!! Awwwwwwww! We had the BEST night out!! Isn't it great when you get on REALLY well with someone and discover that your husbands also get on well?! That's what we found!! So all four of us chatted happily for the evening - lots of stories, lots of laughs, lots of friendship!! What more could a gal want from a weekend to call it wonderful? How about a surprise giftie!!! That's what Lilly Linda gave me at dinner!! Awwwww ... What a SWEETIE!! And although I didn't get a photo of it (too busy unwrapping!!) it was a ... "brown paper package tied up with strings .." are any of you hearing the Sound of Music in the background there?! Inside I found a GORGEOUS little shoulder bag made by the very talented Lilly Linda (will show photo further down!) and a pair of the prettiest sparkly earrings!! How spoilt was I!!

So ... I hear you say ... it couldn't get any better than THAT! Well, you'd be WRONG!! The reason Linda and Tim had climbed our hill was to attend the Handmade Expo being held at Jondaryan Woolshed as part of the Australia Day celebrations on Monday. What's better - A CRAFT FAIR!! YAY!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Linda had a stall at the fair that was just FULL of lots of pretties from Lilly Cottage. The craft displays were set up in the wool shed and, as it was a VERY warm day, there was a certain country 'fragrance' about the shed - especially since there was a small mob of slightly stage struck sheep who were going to perform later in the day in a shearing demonstration! Tee! Hee! Hee! However, Linda was closer to the door than the sheep pens, so not quite so 'fragrant' and she had soooooooo many pretties that it took everyone's mind off it anyways!! Take a peek ...


Look at the pretties!! And there's the bestest Pretty, right in the middle, smiling at me! :0) Now, you just KNOW I couldn't leave ALL of those pretties there! Yes, I adopted a new playmate for my bears!


Here's Floppsy the Wabbit, settling into the spare room very nicely! One day I'm going to have so many bears etc in there that there won't be any room for guests, but in the meantime ...!!! And beside Floppsy is the GORGEOUS bag that Linda gave me!! Isn't it GREAT! I LOOOOOOOVE the vintage postcard photo she's incorporated - don't know if you can see, it's a belly dancer! Linda knows I used to attend belly dancing classes - until my class was cancelled - GRRRR!! And can you see my pretty sparkly earrings!! Yep ... spoilt!! Thank you Linda!!!

There were other attractions at Jondaryan to celebrate Australia Day, too, like a representation of the famous Lighthorsemen cavalry unit ...


There were wonderful old buildings to admire ...


And of course the shearing demonstration with the nervous sheep as stars! Tee! Hee! Hee! We didn't stick around for that, having spent quite a few years in outback and rural areas, it's a bit "Ho-Hum" for us.

So ... that's how we spent our long weekend!! You can now see why there was no stitching done! Tee! Hee! Hee! Thanks Linda and Tim for a WONDERFUL weekend of friendship - we'll have to have an encore` performance sometime soon!!

And speaking of stitching (which I did in passing!) May Britt and I have made the decision to close the sign up for our 'little' One Project A Month Challenge on January 31. We now have over 260 participants and we're a bit afraid that if we leave it open as we'd originally intended, our email "In" boxes will explode from all the extra emails! Tee! Hee! Hee! There are some great finishes being posted and only a few more days until the first End of Month prize draw, so get stitching, then posting and let me know so I can add your finishes to my spreadsheet.

And finally ... that's it! If you've made it to the end - well done! You deserve a cuppa ... or maybe some chocolate ... to reward your patience and perseverance!! Any excuse, right! Tee! Hee! Hee! I hope that whatever you did this weekend that you enjoyed yourself. Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

12 comments:

Joy said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend with your lovely friends and the bag is gorgeous, a very thoughtful choice of piccy on the front ;o). Love the pics of Jondaryan, we haven't been out there for years - we used to take the kids there for the heritage festival,they loved it!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous Kris, yes you are right we have done very similar posts because it was so much fun, it was wonderful that we all chatted for ages and could have kept on chatting.....how unlike us! It was great that the boys also had a good time, so lunch with us next time!! Flopsy looks very comfortable there..and happy! Big kiss noises to you, Linda Lilly Cottage

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

What a perfect weekend for you all Kris. I knew you would have such fun together. Next time I am there for sure!!
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris, just love wabbit, no wonder you could not leave her behind.Glad you enjoyed your time with family and friends. Warm Regards Lyn

Sue said...

Hi Kris, Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I had a laugh @ the fragrance....up until a couple of years ago I was teaching in the country (for 8 years) and remember that fragrance well! Over 260 participants in the Challenge is incredible! You and May Britt are amazing! I've posted another finish....a tablecloth which had been floating around for about a hundred years...VERY WISPY! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,

Getting ready to tackle that stitchery...wishme luck! Glad that fun was had by all. Deb ;.)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful wabbit. Sounds like you had a great time.

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
Sounds like you had a wonderful Australia Day weekend, we managed to get all four missions accomplished here.
Cheers and best wishes
Linda

Dorothy said...

Hi Kris,

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your friends. And, it looked liked it was nice and warm!
It's freezing and snow covered here! I'm off to get a steaming hot cup of cocoa! LOL

Carol in Sweden said...

I have an Australian colleague from Brisbane...she explained to my students about Australia Day...so I kind of understood...now I see your blog which verifies what she explained...it's a low key, hang out with good friends and food and activities all day...weekend! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Yipes...gotta get going on my WISPS...a few to do before month's end!

Carin said...

Kris I have been away way to long I am so glad you had a great weekend. Love the bunny its so cute. Do you have fireworks for Australia Day like we do on the 4th of July here?

HUGS!! Carin

Carin said...

Kris I have been away way to long I am so glad you had a great weekend. Love the bunny its so cute. Do you have fireworks for Australia Day like we do on the 4th of July here?

HUGS!! Carin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...