Thursday 6 January 2011

Blessed By A Beautiful Blogging Buddy!!

Do you ever have days where you're feeling a little blue? I was feeling a bit down in the dumps - not about anything BIG, you understand, just a whole lot of 'little' things that were ganging up on me to make me feel a little blue. THEN ... something happened to change the colour of my day ... my parcel delivery guy showed up! Hmmm ... well, I AM expecting a couple of books that I succumbed to at Fishpond, so that had to be it. NOPE! It was a parcel from my GORGEOUS blogging buddy and OPAM partner-in-crime, Peg. Now, I wasn't expecting anything from Peg ... Christmas is over and my birthday's not for a few months ... though I know she likes to surprise people! :0) I opened the parcel and inside I found ...

Look at that pretty note paper with lovely rainbow daisies! And inside I found ...


Three GORGEOUS quilting ruler covers!!! And they are made in fabrics from one of my FAVOURITE fabric ranges!! Oh ... wait ... it gets BETTER!!! The largest cover has a BEAUTIFUL stitchery in pretty variegated thread  ... stitched in SINGLE thread, I might add!! ... and it says,

"How lucky are the bees to spend their days in such fine company."

I think Peg must have been out in the garden when this saying was written! :0) I was overwhelmed by Peg's kindness ... and cleverness with needle and thread! I confess ... I had to go in search of some tissues!! :0)

THANK YOU PEG!!!
What a beautiful blessing to receive on a 'blue' day from a beautiful blogging buddy!!!! :0) Needless to say, I've been a bit like the slogan from a Crunchy Bar add from a few years ago ... this GORGEOUS gift has "Changed The Colour Of My Day"!! :0)

So ... I'm going to go and admire my lovely new ruler covers for a while and remember that not only were the  things getting me down relatively minor, I have lovely blogging buddies out there who care enough to put hours of time and talent into making me gorgeous gifties!! :0) Hope the colour of YOUR day is a bright one! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

16 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Awwwww... how sweet is Peg!!
They are gorgeous and I know you'll treasure them as only another crafter can.
Thanks Peg for cheering up our 'Beary' lovely blogging buddy Kris.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Ann-Maree, Highfields said...

What a lovely suprise to receive and lucky that the parcel man didn't need a boat to deliver in such yukky weather. Hope you are feeling a bit brighter and aren't water logged or floating away. I sure know that I would love to see a few days of sunshine with no rain.

ittybittyandpretty said...

what a lovely crafty gift and the perfect way to cheer up someone so special. hope those blues have been thoroughly wiped away.

xxrosey

Mistea said...

Love the colour of your 'new' day.
Enjoy your pressies.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

So sorry you were feeling blue....and for my little gift to lift you spirits...now that does make me feel so good Kris...just a little something for a very special friend...mwah...

May Britt said...

You deserves it!!
All that work with OPAM, enjoy your surprise :)

Maria said...

That was a well timed gift from Peg. She is such a talented lady.
Just love the stitching on your ruler bag.
Pleased it cheered you up Kris,

Sheila said...

How sweet of Peg to send you these lovely gifts , she does beautiful work and you deserve to be gifted ,so glad it made a blue day brighter. hugs SHeila

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

enjoy your new ruler covers Kris, they are delightful. Peg has made a great job of these. Good friends are wonderful buddies!

CJ said...

What a wonderful way to brighten your day. The ruler covers are absolutely lovely.

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kris,
What a lovely gift when you're feeling blue.
Peg is a wonderful person to send you such a gorgeous gift.
Hope your spirits are lifted soon!
Hugs,
Anna

A Bite of Country Cupcakes said...

Nothing Quite like a "Just Because" gift!

Joy said...

Awww, Peg's such a sweetheart!!! Isn't it lovely to have such kind bloggy friends ;o). Just love what she's sent you Kris :o).
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Margaret said...

Gifts and gifting make the heart grow fonder and the day melt away. Good on you.

julia said...

oh kris, what a sweet, beautiful pressie...and in one of your favourite fabric collections!
what a sweet friend peg is...
i hope your colour doesn't change again :)
hugs, julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...