Thursday 20 January 2011

Something ... Is Coming!!!

One of my all-time favourite movies is "The Mummy", with Brendan Fraser and Oded Fehr. Not only is there lots of action, lots of suspense, lots of humour and lots of eye-candy (I DID say Brendan Fraser and Oded Fehr after all!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) it also has SOOOOOOO many wonderful lines in it's script. One of my faves is uttered (not sure who says it!!) soon after the cursed mummy is accidentally raised from the undead (though how one manages to ACCIDENTALLY raise an undead mummy, I'm not sure!!!) The line is ...

"Something ... (dramatic pause) ... is coming."

As the movie unfolds, we see that this is enough to win the award for "Understatement Of The Year", but it applies here too. You see, we're in the FINAL COUNTDOWN to the launch of OPAM 2011!!! YAY!!!

You'll see on my sidebar that I've added this year's brand-spanking-new OPAM 2011 logo ... created by my Beloved Geek Boy, who has once again worked his computer magic. :0)


You'll see that this year, we've added a running total to the button, which will be updated at the end of every month ... how AWESOME is it that since May-Britt and I first started our "little" challenge in January 2009, OPAM participants collectively have finished ...

12,890 projects!!!

How about that!! Like the hapless heroes in "The Mummy", May-Britt and I didn't really know what we'd 'unleashed', but WHAT A RIDE! Tee! Hee! Hee! And Peg and I are looking forward to our second year of co-hosting OPAM and I think the ride will get even more EXCITING!! :0)

You'll also see that I've also added a count-down to my sidebar under the new logo, because sign up doesn't start until January 25, Eastern Australian time and some of you were a bit worried you'd miss it. I think I've set the time on the countdown for midday ... cos I didn't quite have the hang of working out the time thingy! :0) But sign up will begin AFTER Peg and I post on the 25th with the guidelines for OPAM 2011. Please don't try to sign up before that, as we won't be adding names until then to keep it fair. Places will again be limited to 200, so first in best dressed, as they say, so watch the countdown and my and Peg's blogs! :0) And the list of OPAM participants from last year has been taken down and Peg and I are listed there, just waiting to be joined by 198 of you fabulous blogging buddies! :0)

I have a feeling that, although it got off to a VERY bumpy start, 2011 is going to be a GREAT year that sees lots of FANTASTIC things happen and I look forward to sharing it with all of you, my blogging buddies!

And since I probably won't have too much time to sit with my feet up next week, I'm off to have a cup of lavender tea and perhaps do a bit of stitching ... or maybe I should keep working on those pattern instructions I should be writing ... or maybe I'll just drink my cup of tea and daydream for a little while! If anyone's looking for me, I'll be off with the faeries! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...


{A friend had this made for me ages ago and I've not had a chance to use it til now! :0)}

BEAR HUGS!
CHEERS!
KRIS

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! and Oded Fehr = yummy! tonixxx

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Lurve The Mummy too.

Jeanette said...

Yep love The Mummy too. :) I watched it again about 2 weeks ago. :)Hehehe. Hugs,

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

I'm just hanging aorund waiting to sign up, don't wnt to miss out!!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

I'll be lurking around just waiting for the buzzer to go off on the 25th [giggle]... hope I don't get trampled in the stampede!!
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

May Britt said...

It is an amazing amount of finishes :) Never thought our little challenge would expand this way, but I love it!!!!!!!!!

Debbie Lane said...

:-)

Mistea said...

Have lots of fun with your gorgeous faeries.

Amanda said...

Button added, so I'm hoping I'll get on the list. I'm still perched on my queuing stool, hoping to be early in the line. Did I tell you about queuing stools? When I was a child, many many years ago, we sometimes went to see a West End show. We couldn't afford to buy the best seats, so we queued for seats in the 'gods'. You could hire a stool from the stage door keeper to sit on whilst you queued. There were often buskers too, to keep the queue entertained whilst it waited. So I guess that makes you the busker for this particular queue!

Chookyblue...... said...

love the new logo...........yep the stampede sure will begin very soon.........only a few more days to wait.........enjoy the peace and quite on the emails til then......

Sheila said...

I'm anxiously waiting for the big day , I am definitely going to sign up , afterall I still have projects to finish. I love the new logo , thank your dear hubby for that one .

Maria said...

Just love the new logo the Geek Boy designed.
WOW what an amazing amout of finishes in just two years.
Looking forward to signing up again this year.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

That GB of yours has done a fantastic job...I just love our new button and the idea of the running total is awesome...I am so excited again to be co-hosting OPAM with you Kris...lot of fun ahead......have a fab weekend ....Peg xx

Neoma said...

Hi!
I just got to your blog and I think it's lovely! It seams like you have a lot of fun stuff going on with the upcoming OPAM-project.
/Mari

Pat from Florida said...

Oh, what a tease you are! I will, patiently, wait until the 25th, I guess!

Unknown said...

Hi Kris, just a quick line to say that I hope I have not tread on anyones toes with the 'A MAKE A MONTH 2011' Challenge I am hosting. I had not realised that you were running this and that you are 'Old Hands' having many successful years under your belt! My challenge is unlimited and includes painting, carving, soap and candles - in fact everything that anyone wants to make, so it is different! This is my 1st time as a host. I will pop over to tell Peg the same as I have told you and bow to your experience! Love Annie xx

Wendyb said...

Hi Kris....just wanted to say thanks for putting this together...I know how much hard work this would be!!! I've already signed up on Peg's blog but.......THANKS LOVELY!
XXX sugary hugs
Wendy :O)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...