Monday 27 April 2009

Friday Fun With Friends!

Friday dawned (much earlier than I think a day off really should!!) bright and sunshiny with just a hint of winter in the air. The perfect day to pack myself up and drive down the hill to Brisbane to catch up with my bestest buddy, Lynette, for a play date! So ... off I toodled!

After some delays due to some roadworks and an accident where a little white hatchback discovered that bumping into the back of a 4WD was like a mouse trying to move an elephant (no one was badly hurt!) ... I arrived on Lynette's doorstep and we began plotting our path to visit another friend ... the Lovely Lilly Linda at Lilly Cottage!! YAY!! Double play date!!

We managed to get ourselves to Old Petrie Town without taking any detours or scenic routes (a minor miracle, we decided!) and proceeded to spend a very pleasant few hours with Lilly Linda and her Mum, sitting under their shady tree admiring the pleasant atmosphere and soaking up the serenity! "Smell that Serenity!" (Had to include that for all the Aussie film buffs! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Here we are, enjoying our morning ...


I'm the short one in the middle! SIGH!! Can you see ... Linda and I have matching hair colour at the moment!! :0) And look at all those treasures in the background - bet you could play Find It Friday with this photo!!

It was such a relaxing way to spend several hours - drinking coffee and eating fresh-cooked yummies from the Bakery two shops down (I can recommend the custard tarts and Lynette looooooved her caramel tart!!) and generally forgetting the rush and bustle of everyday life - at least for a while! The only drawback was Linda's 'good luck' run-in with some local wildlife! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And, of course, a visit to Lilly Cottage isn't complete without some serious retail therapy!!! Here's Lynette showing us why she should be Australia's next top model! (She'll probably hurt me if she reads that! Tee! Hee! Hee!)



Lynette was better behaved than I was ... here are my new Lilly Cottage acquisitions ...


I fell in love with this GORGEOUS shabby chic mini food safe and the lavender-scented wheat bag will be great not only for soothing sore necks and backs, but also warming cold toesies as the nights get cooler!! Here is where the little safe is living at the moment ...


Here it is in our lounge room, the perfect platform for Elegant Ella to stand on and look gorgeous!

Thank you so much for a FABULOUS morning of fun, laughs ... and yummy baked treats ... Lovely Linda! We had a wonderful time and hope to plan a return trip in the not-too-distant future! Who knows, next time we visit, we might even get around to seeing what ELSE is at Old Petrie Town! Tee! Hee! Hee! If you find your self in the vicinity of Old Petrie Town and Lilly Cottage - or want to plan a relaxing excursion, I can HIGHLY recommend it!! And if you're too far away for an 'in person' visit, pop in to visit Lilly Linda to see her GORGEOUS goodies - she has some SERIOUS eye-candy in her shop and shares LOTS of photos on her blog!!

So ... there you go! That's how I spent my Friday! What could be a better way to enjoy our mild Autumn weather than a fun-filled play date with friends! Hope you've had a great weekend - I'll be back in the next day or so with another sneaky peek of my quilt-in-progress and to share some crazy-patch photos that Judy wants to see. OPAM gals - don't forget to send your end-of-month reports to May Britt or me in the next few days! Til next time - Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

11 comments:

Anne-Lise at Rag, Tag, Bobtail said...

Ooooh, love that food safe. Thanks for the reminder Kris, had forgotten it's already the end of the month... again! Posted pics of a real treasure a few days ago - come take a peek when you have time. Enjoy your day!

RG said...

Oh Kris, it looks like a wonderful day!! Reminds me of shpping days my friend and I used to have in the old days...lol
I got me one finish...small, but a finish all the same! check out my list.
Hugs
Robyn xx. I'll email you too!

Stina Blomgren said...

Ohh...love the food safe.. its gorgeous..no wonder you just had to have it!!! Friends, shopping and some stop at a cafe ...that is a great day !! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris, thank you for sharing...may fit Lilly Cottage in my iteniary next week....love the food safe.....Warm Regards Lyn

Unknown said...

That sounds like such fun . I've added a few vintage sewing things to my blog for you to see .

ittybittyandpretty said...

i would have loved to have met you... next time i am sure!
linda is lovely and her shop is like heaven! i was eyeing off that little meat safe last time i was there :)
%*_*%rosey

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Too kind, too kind, you are way too kind Kris, it was a pleasure to spend the morning and into the afternoon with you and Lynette....even if the magpie pooped on me!! I am still not sure about the good luck thing, perhaps it is like the Trevi fountain...instead of throwing a coin into the fountain to ensure you return one day, a magpie pooping on me means you will come back to visit me again one day...though we are not sitting there!
Kiss Noises my blogging buddy!
Linda

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Aaawwwwww... do you see my sad wittle face with the great big crocodile tears?? Next time I want to play at Lilly Cottage too.

Looks and sounds like you all had a fab time and I love your pretties you came home with Kris - hmmm, were they calling your name? LOL
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Joy said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!! Think I'm gonna have to check out that Lily Cottage ... I just love your little food safe, and doesn't Ella look wonderful on it :o)!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
Sounds like you had a wonderful day, one of these days I am going to pop in and visit Lilly Cottage as it is only 15 mins down the road from me, how slack am I!
Cheers and best wishes.
Linda

julia said...

OK, 2nd try *mumblegrumble*
Hi Kris,
it seems you've had a wonderful girls day out! Maybe you should be renamed (for those days) into Lis...;o)
Your red hair suits you very well & I don't think that you can complain about your height ;o) ~ I'm only 1.58m (I am what my friends call 'Wurzelzwerg' = root(y) dwarf) and I had girl (!) friends that were about 30 cm taller than me...not to mention my own sister *sigh* ;o).
Your shabby chick food safe is beautiful! Too bad that I can't just visit Lilly Cottage for a little retail therapy...
Hugs, Julia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...