Friday 10 June 2011

BRRRRRRR!! I HATE WINTER!!!

OH!!! It is NASTY cold here on top of our hill and I am dreaming of winning the lotto and moving to the tropics!!! Yesterday was not only cold (the temp didn't climb above 6 degrees C!!!) it was also overcast with a sneaky south-westerly wind blowing. I'm sure I heard the singing of penguins carried by the wind from the South Pole!! Overnight the thermometer dropped to around 0 and as I type this it has only crept up to 6 degrees again at 10am, though the sun is out. And it's only the second week of June ... SIGH! It is going to be a LOOOOOOONG winter!

So ... what's a gal to do when it's icky-freeze-your-nose cold and she doesn't want to go too far from the heater? Why ... she finds something to do in front of the heater! :0) Does this give you a hint as to my current pastime??


I made myself a cup of Rose and French Vanilla tea, found some of my FAVOURITE Turkish Delight (no chocolate makes it even better!!) and curled up with a couple of craft mags. The first was the current issue of "Handmade", which is a Christmas in July issue ... even though it's actually the June issue. Hmmm ... perhaps they think people will be getting ready for Christmas in July and so need Christmas crafts in June. Though ... as someone mentioned recently, it's never too early to start getting ready for Christmas! :0) Now, as I turn some pages in this issue, I find ...



... A project from Tag Along Teddies!! Well, fancy that, what a surprise! Tee! Hee! Hee! Actually, it WAS  a bit of a surprise, as I'd sent this project off in about August last year and had never been told when it would be published. The first I knew about it was my gorgeous OPAM Partner-In-Crime Peg emailing to tell me how much she loved my quirky Christmas teds. SURPRISE! Tee! Hee! Hee! Here's a look at the original ...



Don't know if you can see the stitched writing, it says "Beary Merry Kris-Moose!" No ... not ME Kris (though that is applicable I guess!) Kris Kringle ... St Nicholas ... Father Christmas ... SANTA!! :0) I wanted to do something a little different to the usual Christmas cuteness, so ... quirky Kris-Moose bears with antler headbands! :0) It's a fun, quick and simple project to make ... perfect for some cold weather stitching!! Also on my cold-weather reading list ...



... The current issue of "Homespun". In the cover photo, do you see the table runner in the bottom left corner? It is SOOOOOOO cute and features a sweet blue chooky? (Ooooohh ... I bet Chookyblue would love this table runner! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Well, that was designed by the clever-clogs Lynette Anderson and I will be adding it to my list of "Things To Do" ... Once I cross a few more tasks off it, that is ... GROAN!!!!

Soooooo .... THAT'S what a gal does when the weather on top of her hill is nasty-cold! :0) Care to join me?? Both of these issues are in newsagents in Australia now ... overseas blogging buddies will have to check with their local suppliers or contact the magazines. Of course ... both also have LOTS more yummy craft projects for you to add to your "To Do" list too. :0) Oh ... including a pretty project in the "Handmade" by blogging buddy Jenny of Elefantz ... see ... well worth searching for! :0)

Right now, however, I'm off to make myself another cup of tea, nibble on another piece of Turkish Delight (no wonder I'm the same podgy shape as my bears!!!!) and warm up in front of the heater before I throw a few things in a bag to head off for the long weekend. We're off to Mundubbera to visit Mum and Dad ... haven't told the dogs yet that they're not coming, but I'm sure the house-sitter can explain that to them! Tee! Hee! Hee! Whatever you're up to this weekend, I hope you stay warm, if you're in Oz, enjoy the summer warmth if you're in the northern hemisphere (I'll try not to be too jealous!) and enjoy some time creating and dreaming. Til next time ...


BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

BEAR HUGS!!


CHEERS!
KRIS

15 comments:

Annie said...

Goodness Kris - its not even that cold in Tassie yet....hope you're families home is in a slightly warmer climate :)

Chookyblue...... said...

if only my Homespun mag would arrive I could check it out..........sounds perfect to me...........lol.........

sure is cold.........

Anonymous said...

Chooky.... yours must be with mine. Maybe in the mail TODAY?!

Anonymous said...

Well Kris i love your projects you are 1 very clever chicky,stay warm

Mistea said...

Hope the sun shines on your weekend.
Lovely projects maybe I will treat myself to some new magazines this weekend.

Jeanette said...

Hope it's warmer today for your Kris. I hate this cold too. I spent yesterday sewing but i'd have much rather have done what you did. :) Hugs,

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Always nice to find a publishing surprise Kris - lol. I love this quirky design and will be adding it to my Christmas "To Do' list for sure. Hope you enjoy the long weekend get-away.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

De said...

Oh my and here I was having a little sook as to how cold it was up here in Bris!

Love your Kris Moose project and will definately have to check out the mags - can never have too many projects on the go!

Have an excellent and hopefully slightly warmer weekend.

May Britt said...

Congratulations with your patterns. Sorry we can't buy these magazines here in Norway. They look great.

And I could need som cold winds from you right now. Have had rain and hig temperature long time now. I want sun so I can dry up.

Jo in TAS said...

OMG, it's colder in Toowoomba than it is in Tasmania! Cute teds!

BubzRugz said...

At least the sun is shining today... and I am able to open the door without the dog whimpering!! My homespun was in the post today... ready for the long weekend.. and of course you know I had to go and buy the magazine... I think I should bring it with me for you to personally sign!!
Hugz

Love Bears All Things said...

What a drastic difference between your world and mine...its been just one degree shy of 100 here this week with heat index of over 100....too bad we can't share some and then maybe we'd have temperatures around 50 instead. Its just June, can't imagine what August will be like.
It must be wonderful to see your designs in print....
Mama Bear

Judy S. said...

Don't be envious of this part of the world as it's chilly and rainy. We've not had temps over 70 degrees F but a couple times this spring. Even the plants are protesting.....

Chocolate Cat said...

I hate winter too!!!!! Just added both these mags to my shopping list for today so I can enjoy them over the rest of the weekend!!! LOVE your table runner!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Are you warmed up now....LOL....I love that runner...so how was your weekend?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...