Tuesday 31 July 2012

Winter Colour & OPAM Reminder!!

Aaaaahh ... another week speeds on by and I'm left sitting in the dust wondering  'what happened??'! :0) How does that keep happening to me?!?! Not much of a stitchy nature happening here ... work has been busy and I've been revisiting my journalistic training to do some promotion for the retirement village where I work ... which has been kind of fun! :0) Whilst wandering around our village to take pics to go with the story, I was reminded that even in the middle of winter when things look bleak (especially to a confirmed cold-hater like me yours truly!!!), there are still some splashes of colour ...

Don't you just love that bright golden yellow against the deep blue sky? I just had to take a pic! :0) And you should have heard the bees buzzing around this shrub ... music to my ears! :0)

I DID manage to spend a little bit of time in my sewing room on the weekend ... not a lot of actual PROGRESS, but I did audition some bits and bobs for the project I'm working on ... do you do that??

Do you put your 'feature' in the middle and then lay out all of your fabrics, notions and trims to see how they will work? I usually do this at several points throughout the design/stitching process because sometimes the project changes as you work on it and a new direction is needed. I'm happy with the contrast the green rick-rack and dot fabric adds to the pinks and butterfly stitcheries ... I promise to show you when I've made more progress. :0)

So ... not much on my Finishes List this month, but I know that a lot of you OPAMers have been busy little bees in your sewing rooms - WELL DONE! :0) The emails have started coming in to me and Sweet Peg ... thanks to those who are on the ball. If you haven't yet updated your sidebar list and/or emailed your tally to me or Sweet Peg, can you please take a couple of minutes to do that for us? Much appreciated! :0)

Well, I think that's about it from the Meares' Madhouse for now. I hope your week is off to a great start and that you're managing to steal some time to do what makes you smile and adds a splash of colour to your days! :0) I'm now off to make myself a cuppa ... and see what I can find on TV that ISN'T the Olympics ... I think I'm a minority of one!!!! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

6 comments:

Maria said...

Oh the wattle looks fabulous...
Like your fabric choses.
I have updated my side bar,posted and e-mailed Sweet Peg..
Enjoy the rest of your week.

Christine M said...

I like your audition fabrics Kris. Looking forward to seeing what you are making. I've already emailed Peg.

Fiona said...

I love bursts of yellow in gardens... your project is looking great... lovely fabrics...
Hugz

Cyn said...

Love the yellow bush. Don't know what it is called but it is gorgeous!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Yes, even winter can be beautiful. Cold, but still pretty. I like spring even more, so bring it on I say!!
Lovely fabrics to 'play' with Kris.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

ittybittyandpretty said...

auditioning is the PERFECT word for it!! i do that with card making etc..too. love toowoomba in all its chilly glory. xxrosey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...