Friday 7 September 2012

Slack! Busy! Slack!!

That about sums me up over the last little while!! I have been rather absent from blogland ... and very slack in encouraging OPAMers this month ... SORRY!!! I know you all understand that sometimes life becomes a bit of a steamroller running out of control and at the moment, I'm feeling a like that steamroller rolled right over the top of me ... EEK! So ... While I have about 15 minutes between arriving home and leaving again, I thought I'd better pop in to tell you ... I'M STILL ALIVE! And let you know who the OPAM prize winners for August are.

OPAM stuff first. Thanks once again to all of you who took the time to email your list of finishes through to me and to Sweet Peg ... it does make our life a little simpler at the end of the month ... even though I'm very slack and behind in answering your emails! EEK! Congratulations to ALL of you who made some progress on long-term projects, crossed things off your "To Do" list or who just took a bit of time out to gather inspiration. All up, you clever stitchers (I have to say YOU because I certainly didn't contribute to the tally ... DOH!! ) managed to finish ...

472 projects!

WOW! Well done!! I'm hoping I might actually manage to contribute to next month's tally! :0) And the winners of the random draw prize are ...



Congrats, gals! If you'd like to email me with your snail mail addresses, I'll pop a little something in the mail for you soon.

Oops! My blogging time is almost up, but before I sign off and scoot off again, I thought I'd share a couple of pics with you. The first one is an actual FINISH for September ... YAY!!!! Already I'm ahead of my August tally! :0) Remember those yummy purple batik fabrics I showed a while ago? Well, they now look like this ...

 
Yes, I finished my skirt and I am REALLY happy with it! :0) It fits nicely, isn't too gathered, so doesn't make me look to 'fluffy' and I love the vibrant purples. I can see a few more of these being made in the future now that I've worked out just the right 'formula'. :0)
 
The second pic I'll share is some mail that arrived this week ...
 
This yummy toile fabric will one day become Roman blinds and a new doona cover for our guest room. ONE DAY ... notice me not making any rash claims as to WHEN this might happen! Tee! Hee! Hee! I've been looking for just the right fabric to finish decorating our guest room but it wasn't til I spotted this on eBay that I knew I'd found "The One". I'll just pat it and stroke it a bit for now! ;0)
 
The husband is tapping his foot and pointing at his watch, so I think that means I'm out of time and need to scuttle out the door again ... off to a Trivia night ... my head is FULL of trivia, so maybe I'll do well! :0) Hope your little corner of the world is a bit less hectic than mine! Til next time (which I promise won't be quite as far away as this post was!!) ...
 
 
BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

Maria said...

Yes we all seem to very busy and sometimes life just gets in the way....
Congratulations to the August OPAM winners..

Love your skirt...

2ne said...

Congratulation to the winners :-)

Kerstin said...

Wow! I´m a winner :-))))) and so lucky!
viele Grüße
Kerstin

Fiona said...

Hi Kris... I don't know how you fit so much into your life.... the skirt is great and I am going to copy your idea.... one day..... great find on Ebay... wow.... just perfect...
Hugz

Mistea said...

That is one very pretty skirt you have created.
Plenty of participants working hard on the Opam total!
Lucky me to be a winner!

Lovely fabric to adorn your guest room.
Enjoy your weekend.

Astrid said...

Love your skirt, very beautiful!
Congrats to the winners!

Chookyblue...... said...

glad your alive and kicking....

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Life does get a bit crazy busy sometimes. Hope you managed to slow down a bit over the weekend.
Hugs ~ Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...