Sunday 4 August 2013

Giraffes Can Stitch & A Book Review!

OK ... so did you read my bog title and decide that I had finally misplaced the last few marbles left in my marble bag? Possibly that IS the case ... but in this instance there is a good reason for my odd blog title! :0)

You see ... every second Friday night, the lovely Marion opens up her shop's workroom for a Sit N Sew evening from 7pm til midnight. It's just $15 and we all work on our own projects and sit, stitch and chat while we are treated to a DELICIOUS supper and coffee. (If you're local and interested in joining us, you MUST ring the shop and book a spot, as numbers are limited by space.) You may recall me explaining earlier in the year that I've never really joined a sewing group before cos I've never found anywhere that I 'fitted'. The Friday night gals are a wild, woolly and wacky bunch who've made me feel right at home and we always have a blast. Stay with me here ... I'm getting to the giraffe! :0)

So ... this week, we were all settling in for a quiet (???) night of stitching, when the door swung open and in came a GIRAFFE!!! I'm not kidding! It's not some strange variation of the old "A horse walked into a bar ..." joke!! I have photographic evidence ...

See!!! I HAVEN'T lost my last marble ... but you're probably right in assuming there's a hole in the bag! Tee! Hee! Hee! OK ... so it wasn't a REAL Giraffe ... that would just be SILLY! How on earth would a REAL giraffe duck its head low enough to fit through the door ... honestly! :0)

It was the inimitable Nikki Tervo of Nikki Tervo Buttons and Brandy Gully Designs in her new 'onesie'. Nikki found herself  'in the neighbourhood, saw the lights on' and joined our fun. Great to catch up Nikki! :0) And we also got to take a peek at her latest BOM ... VERY pretty!! As always, we had a great time chatting and laughing ... and we even managed a bit of stitching. Thanks for having us at your place, Marion! :0)

OK ... to the second half of my post title ... a book review. When I recently popped in to visit blogging buddy Jenny from Elefantz, she was telling us about the latest issue of her e-zine ...

(borrowed from Jenny's blog)

Not only does this issue include some lovely original designs by clever-clogs Jenny, it also includes a profile feature of another of my good blogging buddies, the gorgeous Kerryanne from Woodberry Designs/Shabby Art Boutique ...
(photo borrowed from Kerryanne's blog!)


... and a book review of her first e-book (she's written three now!!) "The Creative Mumpreneur".


 I left a comment on Jenny's post to say how wonderful I thought Kerryanne's e-book was ... and Jenny asked if I'd like to do a short book review of it for her to include in her e-zine. So of course I said ... YES! LOVE TO! :0) So if you buy a copy of this issue of  Jenny's e-zine, you'll get a few words from me, as well as learning more about my very first and dearest blogging buddy ... the lovely Kerryanne! :0) And Jenny has also invited me to be her featured designer in an issue of her e-zine later in the year ... stay tuned! :0)

Righto ... I think that's it from me today ... except for a GENTLE reminder to OPAM gals that you need to email my Sweet Partner In Crime, Sweet Peg, or me with your month's tally of finished projects if you want to be included in this month's random prize draw. Sweet Peg and I have already done a blog hop, but if you hadn't got around to updating your blog list yet, just drop one of us a quick email with your tally ... I'll give you a couple more days to catch up before I do the draw.

But for now, I'm off to play Polly and put the kettle on for a cuppa before I finally make myself sit down and work on writing pattern instructions for my newest pattern "Birdie Bunting". GROAN!! I'm really pleased with how the three 'Birdie Bunting' projects have turned out, but it means there are THREE projects needing instructions ... SIGH!! I'd better get cracking, hadn't I. maybe I need Chookyblue to crack her organiser's whip at me to get me motivated! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you've all had a great weekend and that the coming week includes some  pockets of "YOU" time so you can put your feet up, relax and create. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



4 comments:

Lyn said...

Enjoy your cuppa..the Friday night group you go to does sound like a whole lot of fun..and the delicious supper sounds so tempting..just a bit too far to come from NZ..

Maria said...

LOL Love your Giraffe Story.....
sounds like you have the best time..

Fiona said...

haha... great to have Nikki the Giraffe popping in...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very cute Giraffe there.....LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...