Saturday 15 November 2014

It Went BANG!!!!!


Imagine the scene ... there I was, sitting in front of my sewing machine, putting in the last pin before attaching the binding to another version of my Sweetly Shabby Christmas Stocking when ...

BANG!!!!

I nearly fell right off my chair!! That nasty loud noise had come from right beside me, though I had no idea WHY or from WHERE EXACTLY??? Then ... smoke started pouring out of my beloved Husky ... OH NO!! After that initial moment, where in cartoons you would hear crickets chirping, I dived for the power point to turn off the power, then hauled butt ... and machine!! ... out the handily-close French doors, placed my smoking and now-suspect baby on the deck and backed away quickly. I'm not really sure what I thought it was going to do next, but I thought it might be WORSE, so was obviously not taking any chances! :0)

SIGH!!! It seems my Husky is not happy. (You THINK!?!?!?! )

Here's my baby in happier days in my old sewing room. SIGH!! My Husky and I have travelled around a great part of Australia together over the last 24 years and I'd really hate to lose her this way ... I shall be making an appointment for her with the sewing machine doctor when next he visits my Home-Away-From-Home to see if he can perform life-saving surgery that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

In the meantime ... I have to work out how I'm going to finish the sewing I need to do on my SSCS gifties (90% finished and needing to be mailed this week - EEK! ). But first, I think I'll just have a little sit down and perhaps a cold drink to soothe my poor frazzled nerves.

Hope your weekend is off to a much less dramatic start. If you're in the parts of Australia that are experiencing this heat wave (even this summer-lovin' chick is feeling the heat a bit today at around 37 degrees and climbing!!) make sure you stay cool, drink lots of water and maybe pop some containers of water out into your garden for the birdies ... I know our resident feathered friends have been making good use of our birdbath today to keep cool ... and I may just join them if it gets much hotter!! :0) Til next time ...

FRAZZLED BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS


10 comments:

Maria said...

Oh NO !! Your poor old loyal Husky... I think it will take a really good machine surgeon to fix her.
Good thing you were not hurt.
Hope you can get your SSCS finished on time.
Stay cool.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh no! Let's hope you can get her fixed xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a fright you had...hope Husky is not terminal and can be repaired xx

Polly said...

Holy cow, Kris! How scary for you!! And sad for your deer Husky! 24 years of use.... hmmm... maybe time for a Husky retirement and a new sewing machine?

Fiona said...

noooooooo....... oh dear.... I can offer a loan ....
Hugz

Fiona said...

I meean a loan of my Janome to finish off your giftie....
Hugz

Chookyblue...... said...

hope the open heart surgery works...........

Anonymous said...

Oh no Kris, What an awful thing to happen to your Husky and a scary thing to happen to you! I'm so glad nothing was set alight. Do you think it is fixable? xx

Susan said...

That does sound nasty...hope its salvageable!

Mistea said...

Those machines live forever!
Mum's 40+ year old one did something similar and was resurrected by the Sewing machine magician. It is back in service and good as new.
There will be a happy ending.
Enjoy your hot and please keep it there.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...