Tuesday 13 September 2016

Crazy-Busy, Slacko Checking In!

Sorry, sorry, sorry! Yes ... I know I've been even more absent than usual ... life just seems to be getting in the way at the moment ... I'm sure you know what I mean! :0)

My grown-up job has still had a lot of 'stuff' happening that I'm still wrapping my head around and then someone stole a few weeks and suddenly it was the annual Stitchers Dream Day Out last weekend. I promise to be back soon with a full report and some more pics, but I thought I'd pop in to let you know I'm still alive and give you a quick sneaky peeky into our weekend of fun, friendship and stitching.

The Marvellous Marion and the Stupendous Steph of The Quilters Angel outdid themselves yet again, with all of us feeling very spoilt. The theme was "Ooh, la, la! Paris!" and I have lots of pics ... that I haven't had time to edit properly yet, so will just share a couple.

Tables were decorated and giftie bags were ready to spoil us ... and in the background you can just see that even the chairs got a glamour makeover with black covers and gold and champagne coloured organza ties ... WOOT! WOO! :0)

And this crazy chick came to play, too. :0) My Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette ... this is her best ... "I'm a good girl, really I am!" look. What do you think ... is it working?! :0) It DOES prove however that at least ONE of us did some stitching in amongst the chatting! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And speaking of CRAZY ... look who else was sitting at our table ... the Fabulous ... and FEATHERY!! ... Fiona! :0) There was some discussion as to whether our table was the "Naughty Table" because I was sitting at it or whether it was Fiona's fault. The jury is still out! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And speaking of Fiona ... she was the winner in this month's OPAM random draw ... I had a giggle when her name came out of the hat! :0) There were 155 finishes recorded in August! Well done to you all! And during our blog hopping, my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg and I also saw lots of good progress on people's long-term projects ... and that deserves a pat on the back too. It's always inspiring to see what everyone else is creating ... I hope you enjoy a little blog hop around some of the OPAMers' blogs sometimes ... and maybe you could leave a few encouarging comments along the way ... we all love positive feedback, right?! :0)

And now I'm off to play catch-up with some more of my grown-up chores that got put on hold over the weekend of fun and stitching ... somehow there are ALWAYS grown-up chores needing to be done, have you noticed that too?! :0) I promise to be back in the next day or so with LOTS of photos of Stitchers Dream Day Out 2016 ... including the GORGEOUS projects ... you've been given lots of warning, Chookyblue!!! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



3 comments:

Fiona said...

The weekend was such fun......
Hugz

Maria said...

I know what you mean about the weeks disappearing....
Hope you had the best time ....

Chookyblue...... said...

got my cuppa and prepared........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...