Sunday 26 August 2018

SSSHHHH! It's RAINING!!

Rain has been so rare in our neighbourhood for the last four or five months that we don't want to frighten it away! We have only had a few millimetres but at this stage we're grateful for anything we receive. We rely on rainwater, with no town or bore supplies to back us up & since we're down to our last half a tank, we'll have to buy water if we don't get some good rain soon.

And despite that ... We know how very fortunate we are to not have stock to feed & water & we're not reliant on crops for our income. So many farmers & property owners are doing it so much tougher than we are. If you have a little bit in your budget to spare, why not support one of the organisations providing support for our farmers. We've donated to Drought Angels, but Chookyblue has shared a few more suggestions ... She & Mr Chooky are some of our farmers who are struggling to keep things going. 

Here on the Homefront things have been pretty quiet ... Hence no blog updates. My Beloved Geek Boy & I have been battling off the last of the nasty virus that jumped on us, so have been laying low in between working our grown up jobs. But today, after finishing my grown up chores (well ... MOST of them! :0) ) I've decided to treat myself to some rainy-day stitching in front of a movie or two ...


This is a little project started at last year's Stichers Dream Day hosted by the Marvellous Marion & Stupendous Steph of the Quilters Angel. It was a mini tutorial by the Lovely Libby Richardson in her fabric painting techniques. I just LOVE Libby's teddies! :0) The pattern is a needle & thread case that I've set myself the goal of finishing before this year's Stitchers Day (September 15 & 16). If I finish it, it will be the first ever Stitchers Day project that I've FINISHED! Yep ... I confess ... My Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette & I have attended 11 Stitchers Days & NEITHER of us have FINISHED a project ... OOPS! :0) Stay tuned to see if I meet my own challenge. :0)

Speaking of Stitchers Dream Day  .. If you haven't already booked & paid to come & join the fun, time has just about run out, so contact Marion & Steph so you don't miss out on the fun. It's always a fantastic day of friendship, yummy food, chatting, learning, relaxing & laughing ... & apparently SOME people stitch! Tee! Hee! Hee! Check out the Quilters Angel website for more details.

Righto ... I've got a cuppa beside me, an uplifting citrus oil blend called "Bliss" in the diffuser, a disaster movie on Netflix & a showery afternoon to stitch away, so that's what I'm going to do. :0) Have a fantastic week & til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS,
KRIS


Stitchers Dream Day

1 comment:

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Lovely. Mine is still a UFO also.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...