Tuesday 11 December 2018

Christmas Craziness!!

PHEW!! Finally made it here to catch up with you all! It's that Christmas Craziness part of the year when there seems to be a far, FAR longer list of things to do & events to attend than there are days left until the Fat Man in Red slides down our chimneys. I keep running out of "day" before I run out of items on each day's list. Ah well ... I know I'm not the only one having this problem. Do you ever think that we just need to write shorter lists?! Tee! Hee! Hee!

I do confess that a couple of fun social dates have also kept me from the blog ... AND sewing! The first was a belated birthday catch up with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette. With Lynette's crazy nursing rosters & my craziness in general, it's a bit challenging to match our calendars, but we finally managed & headed up another 'hill' for a play date at Mt Tambourine. We chatted, we shopped, we lunched, we chatted some more, we shopped some more & after a very enjoyable day, we finished with a delicious ice cream ...


I love this photo! :0) Especially because it reminds me of a fun day with someone who knows me well ... & likes me anyway! :0)

The second social gathering was held in the dining area of Edward House ... A.K.A. The Meares' Madhouse ... & was preceded by a belated spring cleaning spree ... Thanks for your help, Ma! :0) A few of the Friday Nutters sewing group gathered for a Christmas potluck dinner ...


Hmmm ... It's hard to see in the photo, but we had a shabby chic inspired table ... Pretty China plates, crystal glasses passed down to me from my Nan, a white enamel jug of spruce branches & some pretty blue fairy lights. And ...


I got the chance to use my new giant, recycled timber cheese board that I bought in the Barrossa Valley during our recent holiday. It weighs a ton, so nobody will run off with it! :0) And I love that it holds a few cheeses, crackers, fruit AND still has room for pate & quince paste ... A one-stop snack shop. Tee! Hee! Hee! And to accompany the good food ...


... Good friends! Thanks for coming to play, gals! It's always wonderful to gather with like-minded people who you can kick back & relax with.

There are a few more festive gatherings happening in the next two weeks, so I don't know how much sewing time I'll manage to squeeze in, but there are still some gifties on my list to make, so I'd better get cracking. I hope you're all enjoying the lead up to Christmas with some quality time with the special people in your life & that the rest of your week is fantastic. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS




2 comments:

Maria said...

Fabulous to spend time with your friends and relax...just enjoy!

Marilyn said...

Catching up with special friends is the best!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...