Sunday 24 February 2019

Wizards & Desserts!

Hello to everyone out there in blogland! I hope you've had a fantastic week. It's been a bit of a funny one here in SE Queensland as we've waited to see what cyclone Oma was going to do. While most cyclones to the east of Australia form in the northern tropics & head south then west out to sea, Oma came in low, headed east & then was set to head north. With everything being so dry, everyone hoped it would be low on the damage scale & high on the rain delivery. What it turned out to be was a fizzer! No rain, lots of wind, high seas  ... The only ones doing a happy dance were the surfing fraternity! SIGH! So we keep waiting for rain. As my Bloggy Buddy Chookyblue says ... Every day is a day closer to rain. 

However, fizzing weather patterns aside, I finished my week with a fun play date with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette. In a move that surprised nobody who knows us, we went in search of antiques & collectibles. :0) It's funny how rummaging through these kinds of places leaves us feeling hungry ... So next stop was lunch at a little place we hadn't tried before, The Flying Nun  at Samford. It was a lovely, quiet spot with excellent food & service. I suspect we'll be making a return visit. :0) 

And while we were enjoying our lunch, the shop next door caught our eyes ...


Good thing we were there on a Friday! :0) So you know we had to investigate!


Here's Lynette trying to entice the owl back into the cage. Actually ... Here's Lynette laughing & asking why she's always the one pretending to do silly things for photos! Tee! Hee! Hee! Now any Harry Potter fans out there are already guessing what we found inside this shop ...


You guessed it ... All things Harry Potter & Hogwarts. 


Lynette being a good sport in the library corner ...


Both of us under the sorting hat (& beside another) sampling some Butter Brew ... Which was rather delicious! Lots of fun! There were also other HP themed sweetie treaties, so if you or a friend are Harry Potter fans, I'd recommend a visit to the Store Of Requirement at Samford.

We then meandered back across Brisbane to search for afternoon tea treats at Madder Brothers Patisserie  Oh dear! So many CHOICES!!


Mini desserts to die for!


How do you choose?? In the end we each chose two & decided it's a good thing we don't live or work closer to this delicious dessert spot or we'd have to spend the rest of our time at the gym!

Here's our selections ... I chose mango cheesecake & Turkish delight cheesecake & Lynette chose macadamia mousse & blood orange something. :0) We then waddled back to Lynette's place for a cup of tea before I had to climb the hill home again. Thanks for a fun play date, Bestest-Buddy! :0)

And although I don't have any finishes to share, I have done a little bit of sewing this week, too. I've made some progress on both my Secret Squirrel stitchery project & the special stacked coin quilt. I'm hoping to get some more done on both this afternoon & evening, too. So ... OPAMers ... How are your finish tallies looking for January & February? The month has nearly run out on us again, so don't forget to update your sidebar lists & email me your tallies for both months. I'll be doing a double prize draw at the end of the month.

But right now I have to go & hang my last load of washing & finish a few chores before I can sew this afternoon so I'll sign off. Have a fabulous week & Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS








3 comments:

Cheryll said...

What an interesting place to visit. So pleased you took me along too. xox

Maria said...

What a fabulous place to go to with "Your Bestest Buddy Since You Were Nine "
Oh and such delicious treats you both enjoyed......

Janice said...

What a fun outing. Are they real books the library corner, or just a wallpaper? It looks like the perfect place to curl up. Those desserts definitely look too good to be true. You did well to just select two each.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...