Saturday 28 December 2019

Hooray For Holidays!!

Hello to everyone out there in blogland! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, however you may have celebrated. My Beloved Geek Boy & I enjoyed a relaxing, quiet day with my folks, which was just what the doctor ordered after a crazy-busy couple of months. And we're now both enjoying some time at home, resting, recuperating, sleeping in (though GB's body clock isn't cooperating there! 😝 ) & getting around to tackling some of the jobs that have been on our "to do" lists for a while.

And with some rest & extended time at home, I'm finding that my creative mojo has kicked in (I think it had been holidaying in the Maldives without me! 😜) & I've been hard at fun-work designing. I've just finished prepping the second-last block of my block of the month design-in-progress & am looking forward to some stitching this afternoon in front of the cricket ... Yes ... I actually LIKE watching cricket. 😜 In fact, it's the only sport I'll watch. 😝 And something else I've started playing with is ...


... My project for Girls' Stitch In, where I'll be one of the guest designers. (I can't give TOO much away yet ... It would spoil the surprise! 😜 I've got lots of ideas I'm playing with already. Isn't it wonderful how some quiet time at home can recharge your batteries?!

If you really want to spoil yourself (or drop hints about late Christmas gifties or birthday gifties! πŸ˜‰) you really should come & play with us on March 14 &/or 15, 2020. In case you'd like more details, I'll pop them on the end of this post. Nobody organises a better stitching retreat than the Marvellous Marion & Stupendous Steph of the Quilters Angel! πŸ˜

But right now, I think it's time for some lunch before I settle down to stitch & help the Aussie cricketers beat New Zealand ... Sorry to all my Kiwi buddies! 😁 Oh ... OPAMers ... It's time to get your last tally for 2019 to me & update your sidebar lists. 😁 I wonder who else has been enjoying some holiday sewing time? HOORAY for holidays! 😁😍 Til next time ...

HOLIDAY BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


- GIRLS STITCH IN -

SATURDAY 14th and SUNDAY 15th MARCH 2020

Our Guest Designers for 2020...

NATALIE BIRD (The Birdhouse)
and
KRIS MEARES (Tag Along Teddies)

Our 'Girls Stitch In' is all about treating yourself and celebrating womanhood!
Take time out for YOU, be surrounded by all things girlie and hand stitching (which we all know is FABULOUS for the soul!) 
The ‘Girls Stitch In’ is an annual event, with new designers each year.

 

The cost of the day includes:
A lovely day out with the designers who have created special projects for the weekend. Each day will be relaxed, as the guest designers will be giving demonstrations with their specialty, mingling with the participants and giving any help you need. A special lunch, morning and afternoon tea. Coffee, Tea & Cool Water available all day (Please advise at registration if you have any food allergies as catering is prepared offsite). Prizes and Giveaways. A beautiful gift bag filled with goodies, patterns for all event projects AND a mystery kit (stitchery already transferred) to start hand stitching on the day.
Special Pop Up Stores for shopping!

Venue: 
Highfields State School SmART Space Hall (Right next door to The Quilters
Angel, ‘The Village Green’!) New England Highway, HIGHFIELDS QLD

Date: 
Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th March 2020
(the Sat and Sun are repeated, so you only need to attend 1 day but you are welcome to come along to both!)

Time: 
9.30am till 3.30pm
(arrivals from 9am)

Cost: 
$150 per day
($75 deposit required to secure your spot which is strictly non- refundable )

Full payment MUST be received by March 1st 
or your spot and deposit will be forfeited

Bring: 
Your Hand Sewing Kit (Needles, hoop, scissors, etc), Threads (list available in
February), a Coffee Mug, a Camera to take photos of the projects.


2 comments:

Maria said...

Sew good for GB and you to have had a nice Christmas Day with your folks..
Lovely to be enjoying some relaxing time to watch cricket, stitch and design.
The retreat sure sounds like a fabulous weekend..

Janice said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable Christmas and most importantly, some time out. Oh, how I wish I could come along in March, but that is not to be..... We both enjoy watching the cricket too. It is a nice way to relax. I did get my Plus Quilt binding stitched down, though. Have fun playing with needle, thread, pencil and paper. Happy New Year to you both. Let's hope it is a little calmer than the last one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...