Friday 6 March 2020

Fab Friday!

Hello to all you lovely Bloggy Buddies! I hope your week has been wonderful. 😁 It's been another busy one for me, at my grown up job as well as at home. When I'm finished my grown up job each day, I've been spending many hours here ...


Yep ... I'm doing my absolute FAVOURITE thing (NOT!!) ... Writing instructions ... SIGH! My BOM design-in-progress quilt is FINISHED! YAY! 😁 But ... As my first BOM, I'm finding it a little challenging to wrap my head around the best way to put the instructions together. There are a LOT of elements to each block (almost as many elements as a whole quilt!) & working out how to put the instructions on paper is definitely a challenge for this logic-impaired gal. 😝 But I'll just keep muddling along. πŸ˜‰

Since my neck & shoulders start to cramp up after an hour or so hunched over the computer (I really need to work on my posture! 😝) I try to remember to get up & stretch out with some of my Gumby yoga exercises (that's yoga for Gumbies, in case you're wondering! πŸ˜‚) or go for a stroll around the garden. And I just had to share a pic of some of our crepe myrtle trees. These trees are supposed to flower in November/December ... In fact, growing up in North Queensland my Mum called them Christmas Trees, as they flowered around Christmas time. Due to the extended drought in our area, our crepe myrtles didn't flower last year, but with rain falling in the last month, they've decided to put on a show ...


I'm certain the photo doesn't do them justice, but it gives you a glimpse of their show. The one on the right is so heavy with flowers that the top branches have started to bend. 😜 These two are outside our kitchen door along our side verandah, but there are half a dozen or so more smaller trees in the front garden, all putting on a show ... & do you see that strange green stuff on the ground??! 😝 It's the first time in almost a year that we've had a "lawn" rather than a "yard". 😜 The magic of nature! 😍

And speaking of colourful magic ... OPAMers ... Have you updated your sidebar list of finishes for February & emailed your tally to me? Better get in quick, as I'll do the spreadsheet update & random prize draw on the weekend. But for now, I'm gonna play Polly & then get back to my instruction writing with a cup of tea to soothe my boggling brain. 😝 I've got an uplifting essential oil blend in the diffuser & the calming music of Enya playing in the background to help get my head in the game ... What do YOU do to help you relax & focus? I'd be interested to know. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

2 comments:

Maria said...

You sure have had a busy week sew I hope you get a chance to relax over the weekend..
Beautiful show from the trees and we also now have some green stuff after some rain..

Janice said...

I love crepe myrtles. We discovered 3 on the back of a very deep garden bed at our current home. A very happy find. Good luck with your pattern writing. I too, find Enya to be rather soothing. She should help.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...