Friday 8 May 2020

A Friday Confession!

Hello everyone! It's Friday again (where did that week go??!) & I thought I'd better pop in to let you know I'm still here, it's just been a short week full of work, pattern design editing ... & a realisation. I have a confession to make about the realisation I came to this week. My name is Kris ... & I'm addicted to Cottage Garden Threads! πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ 

Have you 'discovered' the Cottage Garden Threads range of beautiful, hand-dyed embroidery threads? They have been gracing the best quilt stores for a few years now, but I had resisted using too many of them because I had a suspicion they'd be like kettle potato chips ... I wouldn't be able to stop at just one! πŸ˜‚ But last year after meeting the Mother/Daughter duo behind the pretty threads, I began to use the odd CG colour.


Pam & Katie, the team behind Cottage Garden Threads at last year's Stitchers' Dream Day Out. For the last little while, whenever I buy threads or fabric for new designs I'm working on (that's my story & I'm sticking to it! 😝), I'll add a CG thread ... Or two! 😜 ... to my purchase. Well, this morning when I was looking for something in my sewing pouch, I thought I'd lay out my collection so far ...


Uh oh! I think my addiction is growing! Tee! Hee! Hee! I love the range & vibrancy of the colours. My favourites are ...


I especially love the "Lyrebird Walk" & I can see I need to design a project especially to show it off! 😜 I find the CG threads especially nice to stitch single-colour projects, because you get more than one colour, in reality, but projects stitch up quickly when you don't have to swap threads as often ...


I used "Granny Bonnet" for my "Vintage Diva" backpack & 


... & I used "China Doll" for my "Vintage Market Bag". Kits & patterns for both of these projects are available from The Quilters Angel website, along with the full range of Cottage Garden Threads .. WOO! HOO! Online shopping is a great antidote for the zombie apocalypse! 😝 Oh ... I might add that this is in no way a paid endorsement for Cottage Garden Threads ... I just thought I'd share my addiction with you. 😜 Mind you ... If I WAS being paid ... I'd gratefully accept payment in CG threads! πŸ˜‚ Keep your chocolate, I'll have pretty threads ... & they're fat-free! Tee! Hee! Hee!

All right ... That's enough TALK about threads, I think it's time I shuffled off to actually STITCH with them ... After I make a cup of Mango Madness tea, of course! 😝 Oh ... OPAMERS ... If you haven't yet updated your sidebar lists & emailed me your tally for April, I'll be doing the final tallying over the weekend, so get hopping! 😜 And don't forget to pop over to the Love & Hugs From Australia Stitchalong page  on Facebook ... There are lots of lovely pics of blocks & quilt tops to inspire you & if you click on the "Announcements" button on the top line you'll find interesting (& in my case, slightly long-winded & chatty! 😝) biographies for the 17 designers who have designed blocks for this world-wide Stitchalong. It's interesting to see how similar so many of our stories, of how we came to design, really are. 😁 Make a cuppa & get comfy, though. 😜 Right ... The kettle is playing my song, so I'm signing off. Happy Mother's Day to all Mums (& I reckon to those of us who are aunties & fairy-godmothers, too! πŸ˜‰) for this Sunday. Stay safe, stay well, keep stitching & keep smiling. 😁 Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 

2 comments:

Maria said...

You have a wonderful collection of CG threads , sew far I only have a few.
Oh must send you another email with finishes. Did do a post and update side bar.
Have a lovely " Aunty/ Godmothers Day. πŸ’

Judy S. said...

That thread is beautiful! And your post just reminded me that I didn't email you my April finishes. Better late than never?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...