Wednesday 20 July 2022

Groan Up Stuff!

Hello everyone! Yep … I’m still here, just seem to keep getting tangled up in the hamster wheel of  “groan” up life. 🙄 My ‘grown up’ job has been busier than ever this year … I’m an Admin Officer at a retirement village  four half-days a week … after the site manager resigned in early January & I was mostly holding the fort. Seriously! They left me unsupervised for MONTHS!! 🤣😂 It was pretty full-on trying to keep everything ticking along. The new manager started a month ago & things are starting to smooth out, but I’ve also picked up some more hours two days a week doing admin work at our co-located aged care facility, which has cut into my “other things” time. 😜 Then throw in a birthday & life has been a wee bit hectic. 😜


My Dad turned 75 years young in the first week of July & GB & I took him & Mum for a mini road trip to Esk for a celebratory lunch.


Plus a stop off at the lookout at Ravensbourne to enjoy blue skies & sun after weeks of fog, rain & clouds. And even though there hasn’t been much sewing happening, I did finish putting that binding on that I showed you last post ,..


I think it’s a stack-n-slash quilt. The colours remind me of Fruit Tingle lollies. 😜 It’s a very special quilt that I feel honoured to have helped complete. You see, it was made for one of GB’s workmates by his Aunt, who had it edge-to-edge quilted, but passed away before she could bind it. When GB asked on behalf of his workmate if I could bind it, I felt it was a pretty special thing to be asked. When receiving the quilt back, the recipient found it quite moving to now have a legacy from his Aunt able to be enjoyed, even as he misses her. And that’s one of the reasons we quilt/craft … to leave little pieces of our love scattered through the lives of our precious people. 🥰


A close up of one of the crochet butterflies that adorn the quilt. They’re about three inches high & so delicate. 🥰


It did bring up a dilemma, though … technically, I FINISHED a quilt, but does it count on my tally if I didn’t START it?! 🤣😂 However, lots of you were not plagued by such different questions & the OPAM tally for June was …

60 FINISHES!

Well done everyone! And during my blog hopping, I saw lots of projects-in-progress, too, so well done if you made some progress on your longer term projects. The winner of the random prize draw is …


Congrats, Tone! Drop me an email & I’ll send you your PDF prize pattern to have fun with. Thanks to the few who emailed your tallies … it saves me a bit of time when doing the round up each month. Even if you don’t think you’ll remember to email your finishes through each month, if you make sure you have a tally list in your sidebar that is updated each month, that’s helpful, too.

Well, that’s it from me for today. I hope to be back a little sooner with my next post … promise. 😉 In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy the tail end of your week. Take care, stay safe, keep stitching & keep smiling! 😊 Til next time …

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 



1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Great to see your post! It sounds like you've been crazy-busy. We've been spending lots of time outside lately as the sun finally came out after lots of rain in June and early July. Not too many finishes as a result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...