Thursday 22 September 2022

Western Adventures Day 10!

I hope you’re all enjoying catching up with our road trip adventures. I have to say, after being back to our regularly scheduled irregularity for two weeks already, I’m enjoying revisiting our holiday … & already planning the next one! 🤣 OK … on with the adventures …

Day 10 of The Western Adventures Of The Meandering Meares’ part 1 … Porcupine Gorge. 



About an hour from Hughenden the “Grand Canyon of Australia” was a pretty speccie way to start the day.


Here’s GB channeling his inner tourist. 🤣 I think we were seeing the gorge at its best with flowing water & lots of greenery around. The second stop in this impressive national park was Pyramid Rock …




Can you see the pyramid? We also enjoyed wildflower spotting, thanks to good rain falling in the region in the months leading up to our visit … some of which fell again during our visit to the gorge … the rain-bringing legend grows! 🤣 


I don’t know what this flower is … it could be a noxious weed for all I know, but it sure was pretty. 😁


And a few bovine beasties decided they didn’t want to get their hooves muddy, so were congregating on the bitumen. A nice way to spend the morning before heading back into town … part 2 coming soon. (My blogging ap objects if I include too many pics in a post, hence my’episodic’ reporting. 😜) 

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

what a pretty spot..........

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...