Tuesday 18 October 2022

Putting Things Off!

Hello lovely blogging buddies! I hope you’re all keeping well. You’ve probably forgotten who I am, I’ve been absent for so long. 😜 Do you find that when you put a task off for a day because you don’t have the energy to tackle it, that somehow, you seem to have less & less energy to tackle it the longer you put it off?? I confess to feeling like this about blogging at the moment. 😯 There are a few reasons for this … one reason is that I’m finding less people popping in for blog visits, which makes it less enjoyable to blog. But the main reason is … I just haven’t been sewing very much! I know that’s a bit shocking, but there it is. There’s been some design work & instruction writing, but no sewing or stitching. I’m out of my groove & haven’t found a way to get back into it … yet. I’ll get there, I’m sure! … in the meantime I don’t have anything to share with you all, so nothing to blog about. 🙃

One of the other blogging motivations in the last few years has been keeping up with OPAM … & with fewer people joining in each year & only three or four people regularly remembering to email me their monthly finishes, this too has drained my blogging motivation. And it’s also led me to the tough decision to not run OPAM next year. I hope my sewing mojo will come home & when it does I’ll continue to share pics & updates here … & I hope you’ll all continue to share your creative endeavours with me, but I think OPAM has run it’s course.

And speaking of OPAM … zombie flu, grown up job busy-ness, our road trip, lack of sewing mojo & my slackness means I’m a few random draws behind. So … the random draw winners for July, August & September are:




Congrats, gals! 😁 If you’d like to drop me an email I’ll send you a PDF pattern prize to play with. And that’s it from me for today  … I don’t even have a photo to show. 🙄 I hope you’re feeling more motivated & productive than I am & hope the rest of your week is fabulous. 😘 Til next time …

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 

8 comments:

Toni Red Boots said...

Hiya Kris, I very much look forward to reading your blog but I can rarely comment, Blogger blocks me and I end up giving up. I'm sorry OPAM is coming to an end, things have changed so much in the blogging world now haven't they. I find the whole social media thing draining, it's all reels and videos and advertising blech. Take care, I'll miss your regular posting. xx

Maria said...

Firstly I MUST apologise for not commenting even though I was following along on your trip and also for not emailing my finishes after I posted and updated my side bar last month.
Sadly blogging is fading out what with not being able to comment on many blogs and lots of folk going to different media forums….
Congratulations to all the winners and happy I am one.. thank you 👍😀
Thank you for organising OPAM for all those years , first with Peg and then by yourself. 👏🥰
All good things come to an end.

ButterZ said...

Hi Kris.
My sewing and blogging mojo has been low. I do enjoy reading other blogs as I am not on Facebook.
I enjoy reading what others are doing and I do not do as many posts as I used to due to lack of inspiration as many others now are on Facebook.
I appreciate your posts. I love seeing what others are doing…

Jeanette said...

Hi Kris, Oh how nice that i've been picked a winner. Thankyou. Sadly this seems to be the way of things now in blogland. I had hoped that my sewjo have picked up recently but sadly its gone away again so my blog suffers with nothing to post. Sorry that OPAM is going to be over as it has inspired to me have many finishes over the years. Not as many as i should have i know. :) I try to comment on blog posts but either its something blogger has done that won't let me or it's a problem with my tablet. That one is strange as it only happen with certain blogs so i think i'll leave a comment when i'm back on the laptop but then i forget.

Janice said...

Hi Kris. We understand that stitching all the time just isn’t possible. Life happens and priorities change. I’m not much of a Facebook follower, so still love blogs. As you say, there are fewer if us now, so in a way, I feel that those of us who remain are now a bit more closely connected. I fully understand that OPAM is coming to a close. It is a lot of work for you in your already busy life. Thanks so much for hosting it for so many years. I hope you continue to find interesting things to blog about, stitching and otherwise, as I love hearing what “the Meares Madhouse” is getting up to.

Jo said...

Hi Kris,
sorry to hear you are no longer doing OPAM, but thanks for hosting it, blogging seems to have fallen by the wayside for a lot of people over the years, now its all facebook and instagram! Jo

Karen's Korner said...

I hope that you can find your sewing mojo soon. Sorry to hear that OPAM is going to be a thing of the past but fully understand....life gets busy, life changes and evolves and people move on. Thank you for organising and motivating us over the years.

Christine M said...

Hi Kris, I'm just catching up with some blog reading. Thank you for all your time keeping us inspired. I've been busy over the last few months with our big trip to the Kimberley and then being convenor of our quilt show. I haven't really had any finishes, only the brooches I made for the show committee. Take care of yourself and thank you again. Hugs, Christine xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...