Friday 2 May 2008

Play Dates & Craft Shows!!

Well, here I am, back from the Stitches and Craft Show in Brisbane! HAPPY SIGH!!! Lynette and I had a WONDERFUL play date exploring the Craft Show, though it did seem a little smaller this year, an opinion shared by my blogging buddies, Linda from Lilly Cottage and Linda from Many Things To Do. (I seem to be accumulating a collection of friends called "Linda" - what a nice collection to have!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Still, there were plenty of goodies to catch our eye - and spend our play money on! Tee! Hee! Hee!

We arrived at the Show at about 11am and decided we both needed a caffeine fix, so made our way to the food court. Hmmm ... short lines, fresh food just being put out ... an early lunch was voted on to build up our energy!

Thus fortified, we ventured forth!! There were cross stitch patterns, scrapbooking supplies, beads, beads and more beads!!, buttons, wools, threads, bears, dolls, quilts, and ... FABRIC!! Mmmmmmm!!! Fabric!!! I've decided I have a serious addiction going on here!! Particularly when I got home and discovered that, apart from some relatively boring perle thread for bear noses (haven't been able to get the nice dark brown in a ball at Spotlight for ages!), and a new keyring (photo in a minute!), the only other thing I bought was FABRIC!!! Oops! In my defence, it was all for a new quilt design I'm working on ... Aaaaahhhhh! Who needs a defence, I just like fabric!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Would you like to see what I bought at the Craft Show? OK!


Tee! Hee! Hee! Tricked you! Actually, I was just a little depressed to find that all of my buys fitted into one small brown paper bag! Sigh! The play money really doesn't go as far as it used to. Although, in craft, it isn't really size that matters - it's quantity and quality!!!

OK, so ... here is the keyring I found.


Isn't it pretty!! It's not very big, but that's what I was looking for. I've needed a new one for some time after the tassel on my old one disintegrated - it wasn't pretty!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Plus, I knew the bell tinkling would drive Scott nuts - oops! Did I say that out loud!!!

And here are my new additions to my fabric stash ...


Aren't they cool!! A little bright, but the quilt I have in the design process is going to be a nice bright one that will be great for a child's room - or my sewing room, which is where mine will live, as the colours match the fabric I've used for fabric panels in my shabbily chic restored cupboard! Can you guess what these fabrics will come together to create? You'll have to wait a while for this quilt, though, as I have a bear pattern to finish first or I'll be forced to walk the plank - that's a clue about the bear pattern I've got to finish!! Oh, you might notice there's some yummy jumbo rick-rack there, too, also to be incorporated into the quilt - I think!!!

By the time I'd accumulated all my goodies (and Lynette had a few in her bag by this stage as well!), we decided it was time for a little sit down, a cup of coffee and a sweet treat to replenish our energy supplies. We got a very kind lady at the next table to take our photo.


Ooooh! Look! Lynette SHRANK!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! No, actually the bench seat was heaps lower than the other chairs - which I discovered when I was the one to sit on it for our early lunch - and all but disappeared under the table!!! After a lifetime of Lynette towering over me, it was nice to briefly be the same height!! And the coffee was pretty good, too!!!

We then had a last quick look around - to make sure we hadn't missed anything!! and headed off to collect Lynette's offspring from school. Aaaaahhhh!! A successful play date!!

Actually, I also got to catch up with a great mate at the show - but didn't get a photo, sorry! Jacqui Rose of Bears On The Wharf at Mooloolaba was the person to first encourage me to take the plunge and start designing my own mohair bears. She was incredibly supportive while I was learning and gave me lots of tips, good advice - and helped me adopt more than a few bears! Tee! Hee! Hee! These days, we seem to only catch up at Craft Shows, or if I'm lucky enough to get away to the Sunshine Coast for a week's holiday, so it was great to catch up on her news.

So ... there you have it, a round up of my play date with Lynette at the Stitches and Craft Fair! Stay tuned for the continuing adventures!! Tee! Hee! Hee! For now, however, I think I'm off to have breakfast! I know, it seems late to be breakfasting, but I woke up a little earlier than usual - with some assistance from a horrible dog next door barking!!!! - and decided to jump on the computer to pop this post on before I got side-tracked by daily life. My beloved Geek Boy as a four-day weekend, thanks to an RDO today and Monday's May Day holiday, so I'm hoping - fingers crossed! - that I can talk him into doing some painting - will keep you informed!! For now, I'm off to find a nice bowl of Uncle Toby's porridge (with apple and sultanas of course!!) to warm up my tummy, as it's once again pretty cold here. I'm REALLY NOT looking forward to winter!! Til next time, Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

2 comments:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
Your play date with Lynette was obviously a fun filled day.

Alas, the play money never goes far enough....sigh, but there will be other days, with more play money and crafting adventures to be had.

Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Carin said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your polkadot fabric!
I am glad you had a good time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...