Saturday 7 June 2008

Kangaroos Loose In The Top Paddock!!

Now, for years people have been telling me I've got "Kangaroos loose in the top paddock" - and now there is definitive proof that they're right!!


Yep! It's that time of month again when the very generous Lynette Anderson posts the new block in her free Noah'a Ark BOM on her blog and this month's critters are the very Aussie Kangaroos! I diverted a little from Lynette's example (what's new, I hear those of you who know me say!!) I gave one of my kangaroos a pouch and long eyelashes - everyone knows there should be a "Mr" and a "Mrs" in each of Noah's animal pairs! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Oh! For those of you non-Aussies (and some city-dwellers, perhaps!!) the expression to have "kangaroos loose in the top paddock" means you're "a few snags short of a barbie", "a tinnie short of a six-pack" ... hmmmm ... I'm not sure I'm making this any clearer!!! Ummm ... "a few sandwiches short of a picnic", "not playing with a full deck", "not the sharpest crayon in the pack", "not the sharpest tool in the shed", "reality challenged" .... OH!! ... a little eccentric ... a bit crazy!!!! Phew!! Who would have thought there were so many ways to say the same thing!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

But I digress (again, those of you who know me are saying So What's New!!) ... I've now completed four blocks of Lynette's BOM and - shock, horror, surprise!! - that actually means I'm up-to-date!! Must be a first!! Lynette should be proud of me, as I'm usually several steps behind where I should be because I ... get a little ... OK, a lot! ... side-tracked!!! I think the fact that Lynette's blocks are small and very achievable is what's keeping me on track. YAY me!! YAY Lynette!! Oh, you want to see my four blocks as proof?? OK!!


See? Not telling pork pies! I'm rather pleased with how they're all looking, though I did notice today that the rabbits and cows blocks are supposed to match up and they're different widths - oops!! I think I've miscalculated somewhere! Oh well, will have to get creative when I'm putting them all together - won't be the first time!!!

Now ... the other thing I have to do this post is to answer the tag from Linda at Many Things To Do - affectionately known in our household as "Birdhouse Linda" for two reasons - firstly - the first post of Linda's I ever read included some fab photos of some Birdhouses she'd made for a challenge and secondly - I seem to have a large collection of friends called Linda, so we have had to find ways of identifying them - Birdhouse Linda, Lilly Linda, Dancing Lynda ... you get the picture!!! Oops! Side-tracked again! To the Tag ... (sounds a bit like Batman - To the Batmobile, Robin!! Sorry, back again from la la land!! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Linda challenged me to answer some questions, so here goes ...

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?

I was living in Bourke with my beloved Geek Boy, working as the staff Journalist/Photographer/general dogsbody for "The Western Herald" newspaper, getting ready to move back to QLD at the end of the year to be close to both our families.

2. Five things on my "To Do" list?

ONLY FIVE!!! I WISH!!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hmmm ... good question! Where is that list!!
1. Finish proof reading "Morgan The Pirate Bear" instructions
2. Finish quilting the "Chocolate Mousse Quilt" for friends
3. Write instructions for "Ladybird Mug Bag"
4. Start prototype for planned ladybird quilt
5. Make myself some lunch!! That's getting more important!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!

3. Snacks I enjoy?

Hmmm ... not sure there are many I DON'T enjoy, hence my "Rubenesque" figure!!! I do tend to choose savoury over sweet: different cheeses, bickies and dip, cob loaf dip, bickies with cheese and tomato, cheese Twisties ... unless of course it's something caramel, butterscotch or lemon flavoured!!! Then I can be tempted down the sweet snack track!!!

4. Things I would do if I was a millionaire?

OK, first, I'd have to establish how BIG a millionaire I was!!! Tee! Hee! Hee!
* Would start with a long holiday exploring Scotland and Ireland (family has VERY Scottish heritage!!)
* Pay off the mortgage!! (a small but liberating step!!)
* Pay off family members' mortgages!!!
* Find the perfect spot for, and establish our dream B&B.
* Provide ongoing support for several charities/mission projects like Fresh Hope and Connect (Scripture Union project that works with kids at risk)
That would do for a start ... for the first month!! Tee! Hee Hee!

5. Places I have lived?

Tara (small country town in western QLD)
Mundubbera (lived there a few years and moved back, parents still living there)
Bundaberg
Eidsvold
(small country town north of Mundubbera - bet that helped all my overseas friends -NOT! Tee! Hee! Hee!)
Brisbane (Wishart and Mansfield)
Hervey Bay (great for wale watching!!)
Toowoomba (two years to finish uni, then back here for five and a half so far!)
Bourke (far north-western NSW)
Bongeen (45 minutes west of Toowoomba)
Several of those towns involved more than one address, too! My Dad used to work for the National Bank, so growing up we moved round every few years until he left the bank and we settled in Mundubbera. Then, after I left home, I seemed to move every 12 months or so - sometimes more often - with the uni thing!!

Okey doke! So, now I'm supposed to tag five people - hopefully who haven't been tagged before!
Kerryanne of Shabby Art Boutique
Chookyblue
Cheryl at Willowberry Designs
Lorraine, better known as Granny Loz
Carin at Conceived Without Regard for Reason or Reality

WHEW!! That was a bit of a brain-bender!! However, I've now tagged people so it's done! Yay!! And now, I think I'm off to cross number five off my list of "Things To Do" cos my tummy is telling me it's past it's lunch time!! I feel a bit like Snoopy, except I don't hear cookies calling to me, I hear a yummy toasted ham and cheese sandwich calling my name .... "KRIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS!!!" Tee! Hee! Hee! So until next time, be good and have fun! My Mum used to say this to my brother and his response was always, "Well, which one is it, Mum!!" Now she tells him to "Be Careful!" Tee! Hee! Hee! Have a fab weekend! Bear Hugs!

CHEERS!
KRIS

5 comments:

Carin said...

Kris I love your roos!
I have all the patterns saved and I plan on doing them soon. No really I am going to do them HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Linda said...

Hi Kris,
Loved reading your answers to the tag, wow you have lived in so many different places I can't imagine what it would be like moving all the time like that. I lived in my parents home for 22 years got mariied lived at my in-laws for a year while we buit our home, then moved in here and can't imagine ever leaving, but that is proberly why we have too much clutter too.
Cheers Linda

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris...hhmmm ...or perhaps I should rename you Gypsy!!!

Clearly you are not the type to get attached to your home. In some ways I envy you. At least you have managed to see alot of Australia.

Me, I couldn't bare having to pack and unpack that often. Just packing for a holiday does my head in....LOL

Thanks for the tag.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Anonymous said...

You forgot One Egg Short Of A Dozen!
Bells In Your Batfry!
Too much space between the goalposts!
Has the sixpack, but no thingy to hold them together!
If you listen to their ear, you can hear the sound of the ocean!
Your village called, they're looking for their idiot!
I think that's enough to go on with, don't u?!
Lotsa luv Deb
PS will call u soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, there's "having rats in your garret", too! And "queer in your attic"....!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...