Saturday 1 August 2015

Strawberry Jam & OPAM!!

G'day to all you lovely blogging buddies out there in blogland! Here we are at the start of another month  and I have to say that August is rather special to me for a few reasons. The first reason ... it's my Beloved Geek Boy's birthday month! AAAAAWWWWW!!! :0) August also holds another super-special birthday this year ... GB's Grandma Kent turns 100! WOW! That's right at the end of the month, so time to plan. It's also GB's Mum's 70th birthday, so a special party for that. But do you know my absolute favourite thing about August? It means that winter is 2/3 over and my beloved warm weather is a little closer! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Actually, the last couple of days here on top of our 'hill' have been giving us a teasing hint of spring ... we even had doors and windows open and Mum and I sat out on the back deck with our morning cuppa to soak up the sun and admire our blue, blue Aussie winter sky. Unfortunately ... the weatherman tells me the cold weather will be back next week ... SIGH! But I have at least one more lovely warm sunny day to look forward to, so perhaps that will tide me over til spring really does get here ... counting down! :0)

When I wasn't out soaking up the sun today, I spent some time in the kitchen bottling up some more homemade treats. I was given a couple of kilos of tomatoes, so I made some yummy tomato relish ... which I haven't taken a photos of yet - Oops! :0) I also had a jam session ... STRAWBERRY jam, that is. :0) Strawberries were on special this week, so I bought up a couple of kilos and this is part of the result ... 

MMMMMMMMM!! Somehow, homemade always tastes better, don't you think? And I know exactly what went into it. :0) Now ... if someone out there can make yummy scones (I tend to make DOORSTOPS! Tee! Hee! Hee!) and they're close enough ... maybe we can have a picnic tomorrow ... you bring the scones and I'll bring the strawberry jam! :0)

Actually ... I suspect I'll be enjoying some more of the lovely sunshine tomorrow out in my garden ... there are some pots and plants that need to be introduced so they can become the perfect pairs. :0) What are YOU planning for Sunday??

Maybe ... you'll be getting your creative groove on so you can add some finishes to your August OPAM tally. Well ... before you do ... DON'T FORGET to update your July finishes list on your sidebar cos my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg and I will be doing our round up and blog hop in the next few days. If you can drop one of us an email, that would be a fabulous help too. Oh ... and don't forget to check in with BOTH of our blogs because we take turn about to draw the prize winners, so you might miss out on your prize if you don't check in. In fact ... I'm still waiting for Cheryl to get back to me with her snail mail address from last month ... COO-EE! CHERYL!!! :0)

But right now, I'm off to play Polly and sip a cup of tea whilst helping Tom Cruise and the Mission Impossible team save the world ... AGAIN!! Boy the world really does get itself into some sticky spots, doesn't it?! What would we do without Ethan Hunt, James Bond, Wolverine, Hawkeye, Thor or Batman?!  I don't want to find out!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

5 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

I can make a pretty good scone......but I won't get there in time for morning tea........
23 forecast for us today.....12 Tues......eekkk..winter is still here......

Jeanette said...

The strawberry jam looks delicious. Hugs,xx

Unknown said...

The jam looks so yummy!!! I have made it before, in the microwave!
and it tastes yummo. Was yours done in the MW - the colour looks fantastic!! I can't make scones, but I can make pikelets!!!

Maryanne

KimM said...

ooo - Strawberry jam - my FAVORITE!!! I popped a note to you and Peg with my OPAMs for July and will post pics on my blog later today.
Hugs
xxx

Cheryll said...

WooHoo Kris... Ive been away and only just got time to check out blogs...and what a nice surprise to find my name on your winners list...
I'll email you my postal address...THANK YOU... yippeeeee !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...