Wednesday 6 July 2016

When The Wind Blows ...!!

... the cradle will rock ... good thing there aren't any cradles here on top of our 'hill' today or they wouldn't be rocking, they'd be blown away!! It is a VERY nasty day here ... even the weather ap on my phone agrees ...


Do you see that "Feels Like temperature????! And those horrible gusty, gale force westerly winds - EEK! Is it any wonder I'm tucked up in the lounge room under my blankie in front of the fire, vowing not to come out again until spring?! SIGH!! Roll on spring, I say!!

So tucked up in our toasty living room, I'm contemplating doing some more on a little project I've started playing with ...

... A Combi at night time! Tee! Hee! Hee! I thought I'd play with one of my Combi's on a black background instead of the original white ...

I just love how the bright batiks pop against white or black. The pattern for "Combi Conga Quilt" is available from my Home-Away-From-Home, the Quilters Angel if you'd like to make your very own version. So what to do with my night time Combi ... why, add some more colour, of course! :0)

And you know how I said I wanted to do a LARGER version of the Beetle Boogie rainbows? Well ... I did some SMALLER ones for this. I LOVE how this block looks!! So much so that ... instead of making it into a wall hanging as I originally intended ... I'm now toying with the idea of another quilt! Am I crazy? Possibly!! :0) What do you think ... wall hanging or quilt? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts. I love to get people's feedback on my patterns and designs, whether that be hearing what they think about my colour/design choices or how easy/hard/clear/confusing they found my instructions. I'm constantly trying to improve my designing and instruction writing (BLECH!!) so feedback helps.

And I love seeing how people make their own versions of my patterns. Last weekend my Beloved Geek Boy and I were fortunate enough to catch up with some friends from a former life ... our time in Bourke, far-west NSW. Two generations of the family have moved to our area and though we'd chatted on Facebook, this was our first catch up - what FUN!! :0) And even better was seeing how the lovely Becky (who was one of our Church youth group kids when we were in Bourke) had interpreted my "Life's Good Bag". Here's the original ...

I designed this pretty and practical tote bag as one of the "Girls Stitch In" projects for Marion and Steph at the Quilters Angel. (where you can get your copy of this pattern!!) And Becky's version ...

Isn't it pretty!! I love that she's used pretty, favourite fabrics from her stash and replaced a couple of the embroidery elements with buttons and charms. Becky said she made it as a nappy bag when her kids were smaller, but now that she doesn't need to fill it with nappies, it's a handy size to take with her when she stitches with a friend. :0) And we had a lovely time catching up with Becky, her hubby and kids and her parents.

So ... there you go ... that's what's been happening here on our wind-blown 'hill'. I think it's time I went to investigate some lunch and a hot cuppa to ward off the nasty cold weather ... any excuse for another cuppa! Tee! Hee! Hee! If you're in the cold parts of Australia, rug up and stay warm ... if you're in the warmer parts of our globe ... I'm trying hard not to be too jealous!! I'll be back in the next day or so with the OPAM draw, so if you've been a slacko and haven't yet emailed Sweet Peg or me ... do it NOW!! :0) Til next time ...

BRRRRRRRRR! BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS

PS. Diana from Toowoomba ... you left a lovely comment on my last post, but you showed up as a "No Reply" blogger, so I couldn't email you back to say g'day ... and commiserate about our freezing weather! :0) Drop me a quick email if you'd like to chat. BH! KRIS xx






3 comments:

Jo said...

If you have made the quilt and the other combie for the same person I would make it into a wall hanging too much. If you want it for another gift do a quilt...

Janice said...

Oh, I feel for you with your crappy weather. It seems that all we've had for the last month is rain, hail and wind. Some peoples gardens have taken a terrible beating with the hail. In our winter we are always SO HAPPY when it is above zero!!! I love your Beetle Boogie quilt. You always do such beautiful work.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, it's freezing on top of your hill! Hibernation is the only way to go. LOVING the combis. toni xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...