Sunday 14 August 2016

Birthdays & Holidays!

Two things we all love, right? Even if we handily forget just how many birthdays we've had! Tee! Hee! Hee! This particular birthday was as close to my heart as my own ...

My Beloved Geek Boy celebrated another year on the 11th and we had a lovely lunch out today with the In-Laws and the Outlaws ... his parents and mine. :0) Delicious food was enjoyed in good company over fantastic views ... though he didn't wear a tie as in the above photo of an earlier birthday celebration! Tee! Hee! Hee!

And ... I'm on HOLIDAY!! WOO! HOO!!!! There have been many happy dances danced, many bootie shakes shaken and many cheeky grins grinned at the half of the Meares' Madhouse who ISN'T on holiday. I know ... I'm not a nice person ... but then, I've never pretended to be! Tee! Hee! Hee! I'm not going anywhere and haven't got big plans, it's just time for a break away from the everyday routine to give myself a chance to recharge the batteries, to sleep in a little, relax a little, sew a LOT ... and write some pattern instructions ... GROAN!! There is a LOOOOOOONG list of things that I want to achieve during this next two weeks ... I'm ever optimistic! :0)

And even though it's not the official first day of my holiday until tomorrow, I've already made a start ... on a Secret Squirrel project, so I can't show you just yet. But ... I CAN tell you it's a little out of my comfort zone, in terms of the type of project it is ... AND the colour. To keep you guessing, I can show you that it will need this ...

Yes, I'm playing with some more of the chalky, painty goodness that comes in a can from the lovely Julianna at Canterbury Blue EZ2 Paint. Do you see that little colour dot to the left of the paint label ... and the name of it? Told you it's not my usual. :0) Add some ageing wax and some clear glass knobs and you'll have ... a SURPRISE! :0) I promise to share pics of the finished project when I can, but for now, it's under wraps.

So ... what have YOU been up to this weekend? Are you painting? Sewing? Gardening? Lazing around? I'd love to hear how you spent your weekend. :0)

Before I head off to enjoy a cup of Moroccan Mint tea before bed ... OPAMers ... There was a tally of  184 finishes for July - WOO! HOO! :0) Well done to you all. My GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg has done the prize draw, so hop across and see if you were the lucky winner. I hope you're all enjoying being part of the OPAM fun ... I know Sweet Peg and I enjoy seeing all your wonderful projects ... those you've finished as well as those long-term projects you're all working on. Such clever clogs crafters you all are. :0)

Right ... that tea is calling my name. :0) Enjoy you week ... I know I will! :0) Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


4 comments:

Maria said...

Pleased you all had a lovely GTG for Geek Boy's special day....
WOW! Two weeks of sleep ins and doing what you like ,,,yah! Looking forward to seeing what you do with Mia Bella ???
We have HAD the most glorious winter days sew I have been out on the block weeding and doing some ride on mowing..lots-a-weeds on 5 acres....it's overcast and any today sew good day to hibernate in my Cave......
Have a wonderful two weeks.

Maria said...

Grr! Spell check... It should read "rainy today"

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Glad all the celebration went well such a cutie your GB...have fun on your holidays ... Can't wait to see what you are up to ....hug for all your help this month 💖💗💙💘😇

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy birthday geek boy less are just the best.......
Hope you have enjoyed a great holiday....... Probably back at work now....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...