Saturday 6 June 2020

Winter Wondering!

Well ... Here we are into June ... Its winter (Darn it!😜) and I'm wondering ... Where the heck did the first half of the year go?!?! 2020 sure has thrown us some curve balls, hasn't it? 😳 Here in south-east Queensland where we live, things are slowly starting to return to a form of 'normal' & we're able to meet up with friends again & visit some of our favourite businesses. I popped in to my Home-Away-From-Home The Quilters Angel to catch up with Marion & Steph this week, which was a happy/sad catch up. You see, Marion & Steph have made the difficult decision to close the doors of their bricks & mortar shop at the end of this month. The Quilters Angel will DEFINITELY still be operating but the enforced closure during the zombie apocalypse was a time of reevaluating for this lovely Mother/Daughter dynamic duo. They will continue to operate the online shop but will also be organising lots of exciting new events, workshops, retreats, pop-up shops & craft show stands, as well as running even more wonderful Block Of the Month programs, stitching clubs & so many more exciting things. So while I'm sad that I won't get to pop into their pretty shop, I'm pretty excited to join in their new adventures! 😁

And of course packing up the shop means finding new homes for a lot of their stock so ... There's a 40% off sale on at the moment! 😁 It's in-store only, so if you're in the neighbourhood, it's a good time to visit in the next couple of weeks. And since I did pop in, you just KNOW some pretties followed me home. πŸ˜‚ 


Dotties are always good for sashings & bindings, the teal spots jumped into my arms, the blue stripes & paisley were too pretty to leave behind. 😜 If you want to keep up with Marion & Steph's new adventures with The Quilters Angel, visit the website & sign up for their newsletter. Big thanks to this lovely pair, too, for continuing to support & encourage my design adventures, as well as being valued friends & important members of my tribe. 😘

On the fabricky, stitchy, quilty front ... I'm still working on three different designs. 😝 And of course they're all Secret Squirrel. πŸ˜‰ But the OPAM gals have been stitching up a storm again with ...

91 FINISHES!

... for May, as well as lots of progress on longer term projects ... Well done everyone!! And the random draw winner was ...


Congrats, Raewyn! Drop me an email & I'll send you a PDF copy of my prize pattern. 

And that's about all from me today. I'm off to scare up some lunch & then I need to get back to working on my Secret Squirrel projects ... Because one as a July deadline ... I bet you're starting to guess what I'm working on. 😜 In the meantime I hope you're all staying safe, staying well & stitching your little hearts out. πŸ˜‰ Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS







3 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kris oh that's sad news that another patchwork shop is closing down,I am happy that Fiona took me ,Cheryll and Michelle there when we were visiting one time ,it was such a lovely store and I bought quite a few things.
Congrats to Raewyn ,hope you have a lovely weekend Kris xx

Maria said...

Sad that the Bricks and Motar store of Quilters Angel id closing but good to know they will be selling online..
Nice fabrics follwered you home Kris..
Congrates Raeywn on your win.

Chookyblue...... said...

Very sad to hear the shop is closing......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...