Tuesday 15 December 2020

Christmas Dilemma!

Hello, hello! How are all of my lovely blogging buddies? I hope you're keeping well. I confess to being a bit weary & frazzled at the moment ... The Christmas Crazies have well & truly hit the Meares' Madhouse & GB & I are both experiencing a Christmas dilemma. On the one hand, we both seem to have heaps of things that need to be done before Christmas so we need more time ... On the other hand ... BOY! Are we looking forward to a week's break! So Christmas can't get here soon enough! πŸ˜‚ Both of us are super busy with our grown up jobs, but there have also been a few celebrations happening ... Including a Christmas gathering of some of our Friday Nutters ... er ... Friday NIGHTERS 😁 ... stitching group.

The lovely Julie hosted our party ... & we JUST fitted into her dining room ...



There were a few of us who couldn't make it & a couple who exited before photo time, but it was wonderful to hang out with these loonies who are such an important part of my Tribe. And it wouldn't quite be Christmas without a Secret Santa swap ... I received a pin cushion & one of Natalie Bird's fun Christmas panels. The gift I gave (finished five minutes before I walked out the door! 😝) was ...


... A black & cream version of my "Girls Stuff" mug bag. This is such a quick, fun pattern to make ... I've lost count of how many different colour combos I've made it up in & it's such a handy size. You could pop your sewing bits in it or as I did ...


... Pop in a pretty mug & some tea & coffee serves for a fun giftie. I have a Tilda version for myself that I take to stitching retreats. 😁 While we were visiting Julie, she showed off her finished version of another of my patterns, "Holly Bear" ...


Isn't she sweet?! & the bear is pretty cute too! Tee! Hee! Hee! Both the "Girl Stuff" & "Holly Bear" patterns are available from The Quilters Angel online store HERE ... Just use the handy search tool. πŸ˜‰

And speaking of finished projects ... I've finally managed to finish the blog hopping & done the random draw for OPAM for November. There were ...

148 FINISHES!

WOW! Well done everyone! And as I hopped around blogs, I also saw progress shots for lots more long-term projects, so well done to those clever clogs, too. 😁 And the November draw winner is ...


Congrats Cheryll! Drop me an email & I'll send a PDF pattern prize to you.

PHEW! I think that's me all caught up ... For now! 😝 Which is just as well, since there's a carols service & another Christmas party still coming up before the week ends. 😜 Maybe I'll just sleep from Christmas Day through to New Year. Tee! Hee! Hee! Whatever you're up to, stay safe & don't let the Christmas crazies run you down. πŸ˜‰ Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS



3 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Kris - I hear you - my grown up job has been so busy and as usual I have over committed myself in the lead up to Christmas - never mind I am on enforced annual leave from Thursday night - really Wed as I don't work Thursdays and I will be making the most of it!

Love the party shot - and LOVE Julie's dress!
And you black & white bag

Cheryll said...

Ooohhh Thanks Kris... lucky Me...
Good luck until your break refreshes you both...
Merry Christmas xox

Maria said...

So good to be having a break from your grown up job... Enjoy!!!
Always fun to get together with your crazy sewing mates for your Chrissy break up. Lovely giftie you made..
Congrates Cheryll on the win and enjoy your pattern.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...