Saturday 2 April 2022

April Already!

It’s April … already?!? How did that happen?! I’m sure it was Christmas just last week!! 😳 The year really does seem to be getting away from me … SIGH!! Ah well, I guess we just have to buckle up & hold on for the ride. 😜

So … March has been another busy month in the Meares’ Madhouse … grown up jobs, design deadlines & even a birthday snuck in there. 😜 In fact … yesterday saw me head down our ‘hill’ to meet up with my Bestest-Buddy-Since-We-Were-Nine Lynette for a belated birthday play date. Due to her crazy work rosters & other interruptions to life for us both, it had been almost five months since we’d caught up! EEP! But we more than made up for it. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚


Here we are enjoying a glass of birthday bubbles with high tea in Newstead at The Matriarch. This was a new-to-me spot & I loved its shabby/industrial chic vibe, great service & seriously scrummy food. Highly recommend a visit if you’re in Brisbane … & happy for you to take me with you. 🀣 As you can imagine, after five months apart, there was some EPIC chatting & giggling enjoyed. 😁πŸ₯°

Going back to my design deadlines … as I mentioned last post, I was privileged to once again be invited to be a guest designer for Girls Stitch In hosted by the Marvellous Marion & Stupendous Steph of the Quilters Angel. This fun stitching event is being held virtually again this year (which means you can join from anywhere in Australia! πŸ˜‰) & the kit packs were sent last week to the early birds. Some gals have already received their goodies & have started stitching! How exciting! πŸ₯³ I’m so looking forward to seeing their progress via the exclusive Girls Stitch In Facebook page that participants get access to! It’s one of the fun parts of this stitching event. Steph & Marion will also be sharing some giveaways, video catch-ups & I’ll be sharing some short videos on tips & tricks to help people create their own versions of my projects. All this plus TWO exclusive patterns, TWO kits that include fabrics, notions & pre-printed stitcheries ready to get stitching, as well as a couple of other little surprises from The Quilters Angel. And the best part … it’s mailed to your door! 😁 Numbers are limited, but there are a few packs left if you want to join the fun -but get in quickly! Here’s a sneaky-peeky to tempt you …



In full colour this time. 😜 I LOOOOOOVED playing with these pretty fabrics & am chuffed with how the projects (yep … more than one! Talk about bang for your buck! 🀣) turned out. If I’ve tempted you into playing along, pop over HERE.

And with the calendar flipping over to April  … it’s time for all good OPAMers to update their sidebar tally lists & email their monthly totals to me. 😁 I hope you’ve all been able to enjoy some creative time-out this last month. But right now, I’m off to play Polly & put the kettle on, then it’s back to the design board (AKA the dining room table! πŸ€£πŸ˜‚) to work on my next Secret Squirrel project. πŸ˜‰ Have a wonderful weekend, whatever you’re up to. Take care, stay safe, keep stitching & keep smiling. 😊 Til next time …

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 

6 comments:

Maria said...

You sure have been busy creating and at your grown up job so it was lovely to have caught up with your bestie.
Have posted , updated side bar and sent you an email for OPAM.

Chookyblue...... said...

So pleased you girls got to play ladies again..... And yes the calendar is moving way to fast.....

Fiona said...

One quarter of the year gone already.... great you got a catch up xx
Hugz

Judy S. said...

The days sure do fly by lately, don't they? Thanks for the OPAM reminder and glad you got to have some fun along with your busy days!

Janice said...

How nice that you girls had a play date. It does look rather fun. Thanks for reminding me to send my finish details.

Sharm said...

What a fabulous time the two of you had by looks of things!!! April .... how did that happen - I better get my March OPAM added up and sent to you eeeek

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...