Tuesday 31 May 2022

Greetings From Our Frozen ‘Hill’!

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Greetings from the top of our frozen ‘hill’ this blustery & icy Tuesday! When my alarm went off at 6:30am to tell me I had to get up & impersonate a responsible adult, my weather ap told me it was 7 degrees with a “feels like” temp of MINUS 7 degrees! EEEEK! And it’s not even officially winter yet! 🥶 OH DEAR!

This does NOT bode well for this hot-weather-chook for winter this year! However, there was some warmth in my day …


My parents (& in-laws) live in the retirement village where I work as an Admin Officer four days a week & they often pop in to say g’day when they’re running errands. Today they dropped in with a coffee for me! AAAAAAWWWW! True love is a hazelnut latte delivered to your messy work desk on a cold day. 😜🥰 It definitely warmed my heart as well as my tummy. 😉😍

Now you’d think this cold weather would mean I have lots of stitching finishes to show you, right?! Yeah … NAH! 🙄😜 I’m still working on Secret Squirrel projects with my hand stitching & the binding I said I was off to attach last post hasn’t been sewn down yet … I’m getting together with some stitching buddies this weekend & that’s one of the projects I’m intending to work on. A quilt showing soon, I promise. 😉

But for those of you who DO have some finishes for the month of May … it’s time to update your sidebar tally lists & email me your OPAM update. 😁 I’m sure many of you have been far more productive than I have been. 😜

And now … I’m shuffling off in my Ugg boots to make a cup of tea … this cold weather definitely gives my kettle a workout! 🤣 Whatever you’re up to, I hope your day includes a heart-warming surprise & some creative time … & a cuppa! 😂 Take care, stay safe, keep stitching & keep smiling! 😁 Til next time …

BRRRRRRRR-BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 

2 comments:

Maria said...

That was a lovely delivery…
Just sewing on a binding tonight for a finish.
Will post , update side bar and email you morrow.
Keep warm.

Chookyblue...... said...

its like the kettle is constantly boiling and the ugg boots on the feet.........off the the Chookshed today to do some sewing......Ill need the heater today........had hoped for some sunshine but none yet so I best go turn the heater on........do a couple jobs in the house then go back out when the chill is hopefully off the freezing Chookshed........normally I have some scuffy slippers out there but today will be ugg boots for sure......
looking forward to seeing the quilt.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...