Tuesday 14 June 2022

Retreating & Reporting!

HELLOOOOOOO! How are you all doing, my lovelies?! I hope you’ve been warmer than I have been this last week … BRRRRR! Winter has definitely hit us on top of our ‘hill’! My least favourite day was Friday (which you don’t often hear me say! 🤣). The temperature when I woke up at 6:30am was ONE DEGREE with a “feels like” temperature of MINUS EIGHT DEGREES! 😱🥶 So I rolled over & went back to sleep under my pile of doonas! 🤣 Add in a week of horrible south-westerly 50km/hr winds & this hot-weather chook was  heading into hibernation mode. 😜 I never get much done in cold weather.

However … a couple of weeks ago I was fortunate enough to head off on a retreat with some stitching friends … we dubbed ourselves “The Ageless Angels”. 😇 And we headed south (WHAT?!?!) to Glennrose Patchwork at Warwick. My home-away-from-home for the weekend …


… A cute cottage I shared with …


… Crochet Queen Linda. She was working on a gorgeous wall hanging featuring musical notes … it’s now finished … she’s an overachiever! 🤣 We were all working on our own projects, including …


… Rachel’s dragonfly quilt. Love those teals! There were other finishes that I can’t share cos they were surprises. And shock of shocks … I FINISHED something! 🥳


Ta! Da! This is a giftie for a friend who’s walking a hard road … & a complete surprise, so … SSSHHHHH!! 😂 I will be writing a pattern for this quilt, too, so stay tuned. 😉

So … FINALLY another finish to add to my tally for the year. 😁 And speaking of tallies … I’ve done the OPAM hopping for May & there were …

77 FINISHES!

YAY! Well done everyone! And the winner of the random prize draw is …


Congrats, Susan! Drop me an email to claim your PDF pattern prize. I love seeing the variety of projects you clever clogs crafters are working on each month & pleased to see people taking time aside to create & recharge their batteries. 🥰 Keep up the creativity, ladies! 😍

Well … that’s me for today. It’s a bit warmer today so maybe I’ll get some sewing/designing done … AFTER I have a cup of tea! You just knew I was going to say that, right?! 🤣😂 Aussie gals, stay warm & overseas northern gals, enjoy your summer weather - I’m jealous. 😉 Take care, stay safe, keep stitching & keep smiling. 😊 Til next time …

BRRRRR BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 







4 comments:

ButterZ said...

Welldone everyone on their finishes. I actually managed a few finishes too. I had a great weekend too.

Maria said...

Well done on YOUR finish Kris. Looks lovely ..
Also good job to all the ladies for their finishes.
Enjoy your pattern Susan.
Hope it warms up a bit for you Kris.

Janice said...

I’m just catching up on your last few posts. It sounds like a great weekend at Glenrose Cottage. Your quilt is lovely and Fiona’s quilting sets it off nicely. I know how you feel about this very early wintery weather. All a bit of a shock to the system.

Chookyblue...... said...

how nice to get away to Glenrose........and what a lovely quilt finished.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...