Thursday 24 January 2008

Cupcakes and teacups ...

Two of my very favourite things! And today I received a lovely surprise in the mail when a folk art platter painted by my favourite folk artist, Kerryanne English of Woodberry Designs, arrived. Kerryanne put a number of items for sale on her web site on Saturday morning, and, since I'd been eagerly waiting for her to do so, I quickly snapped up the platter featuring the sweet cupcakes. I think lots of people had a similar idea, because almost all of Kerryanne's offerings sold within a couple of hours! Wow! Lots of people with great shabby chic taste! I'm not usually a pink person, in fact, I describe my self as 'the anti-pink' but have come to appreciate some shades of it when it's teamed with apple and mint greens or cupcakes. I also love Kerryanne's range of faux cup cakes, but I always run out of play money before I order some. One day ... In the meantime, here's a photo of my lovely cupcake tray amidst the tea cups and bears!





My brand new tray is now at home amongst some china tea cups from my ever growing collection, which began with some crazy tea set trios that belonged to my Nan. When Nan passed away, Mum rescued a small portion of her crazy tea set and put it away for me. It now has pride of place on some shelves in the dining room and has expanded a little to include pretty sets that I find when Scott isn't quick enough to keep me out of antique stores! Tee! Hee! Hee! Whenever I enjoy the kaleidoscope of their pretty colours, I think of my Nan. We used to laugh at her because she couldn't go more than a couple of hours at a time without saying, "I just need a sit down and a nice cup of tea!" Now I find myself saying the same thing - often! In fact ... I think I might pop out and put the kettle on to boil right now!

Til next time!

CHEERS!
KRIS

1 comment:

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Hi Kris,
Welcome to blogland.
You will find this lots of fun and you make so many friends along the way.

I'll be popping back often to hear your news.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...