Friday 5 December 2014

Santa's Sleigh Arrived!

Well ... in reality it was probably the little yellow car that our postie drives that delivered a very special parcel this week ... my SSCS 2014 parcel arrived on my mailbox ... it was too big to fit IN the mailbox! :0)

My parcel had come all the way across the globe from southern Germany where my swap partner Dagmar lives. It's always so exciting to find out where my SSCS partner hails from ... I've made blogging buddies all over the globe. :0)

I opened the box to find ... I had been SPOILT big time! Ooooohh!! Look at all those lovely parcels just for me!! :0)

There were pretty things and tasty things, something for me to 'make' and something 'made' for me. You sure can tell that Dagmar has tagged-along to visit my blog a time or two to see what I like ... fabric to play with, a gorgeous teal green decorative bottle that is already living on my mantle, as well as a sweet wooden teddy bear Christmas ornament, some tasty gummy bears and five ... count 'em ... FIVE yummy Lindt bears! MMMMMMMMMMM!!! I don't eat a lot of chocolate, but when I do splurge, it tends to be on Lindt choccies. :0) Mind you ... those poor little bears were just a wee bit soft from sitting on the mail box for a few hours, so I popped them into the fridge ... aaaahhh!!! Christmas in Queensland where the summer sun beams down on us ferociously! :0)

... my lovely new cross stitched ornament ... I love that it spells out "Joy", "Love" and "Peace" ... the heart of Christmas right there! And this bottle is so PRETTY ... I just love this colour! In fact, it is a good match to the colour I'm introducing into our main bedroom, so it may find it's final home in there. :0) And what a cute teddy bear with his smart red and white bow. Thank you Dagmar! I love all my gifties and feel very spoilt indeed. There's nothing that makes you feel more special than to receive a giftie that really suits your tastes! :0)

... And just to prove that I've been a good girl (so far! Tee! Hee! Hee!) Here is a pic of my main giftie form Dagmar under my little Christmas tree, which is starting to look more Christmassy with my two new ornaments. Thank you Dagmar for your special gifties!! And a huge thanks, too, to Miss Chookyblue for hosting SSCS even in the midst of your 'real life' not being much fun. I only join one swap most years and I keep choosing SSCS, not only cos it gives me the whole year to get organised (in theory!!!) but because it is the best organised and run swap I've come across in blogland, Thanks Chooky!!! And may you get your Christmas wish of buckets and buckets of rain!!

Well ... that's all the news from me today, I hope to be back soon to show you some Christmassy stitching ... I need to get my skates on cos some of it needs to be done before next Friday when I'm hosting the Christmas break up for the Friday Night Sit N Sew gals ... better make myself a paper "To Do" list rather than rely on a mental one so I don't miss anything! :0) I hope you've all had a fantastic week and that your weekend includes some time to kick-back-and-relax. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS






10 comments:

Maria said...

Dagmar surely spoilt you. Sew many gorgeous gifts..enjoy!

FloS said...

After France, you will discover Germany this year !! Isn't it fabulous !!! Dagmar has really spoiled you !
Florence

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG much excitement......a got a christmas wish....some rain last night.....storms but for a change we were under them.......
so pleased your SSCS parcel has arrived.......it is a gorgeous ornament.........

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

I am so very happy that my parcel arrived safely. It had to travel quite a long way after all. Glad you like everything I sent. Of course it has not been one of my best ideas to send chocolate to a country where it is summer right now. I tend to forget that not everybody has nasty and cold weather for Christmas ;-) Lucky you!
I wish you and yours a fantastic Christmas season!
Dagmar

Christine M said...

What lovely goodies Dagmar sent you.

Fiona said...

woohoo... lucky you.....
Hugz

Jindi's Cottage said...

Wow what a SSCS parcel!Enjoy the lovely ornaments...no peeking in that very inviting main parcel now!!!

2ne said...

Lucky you - have a great Christmastime :-)

Mistea said...

Nice new ornaments for your tree.
Lovely Beary treats.
Good luck with that wrapped package.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hi Kris....I see Dagmar made for you and I made for her! Lovely goodies off her for you! Looking forward to seeing your parcel unwrapped!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...