Wednesday 8 July 2015

Miss Muffet's Missing Her Tuffet & OPAM!!

Greetings from the Fridge On The Ridge! And I'm unhappy to say ... the weatherman is telling me it's going to get COLDER from this coming weekend ... EEK! I'm even more convinced I was meant to be a bear and just sleep through winter ... SIGH!!

However ... the weekend just past was a very different story. Not only was it better weather (not WARM, you understand, but not as cold as NEXT weekend promises to be and the sun was shining!) but I spent the weekend with lovely stitching ladies, pretty gardens and magical fairy-tale footstools. Are you intrigued?!?! :0)

"Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet
Eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider ...
And sat down beside her ...
And frightened Miss Muffet away!"

Have you seen a real-life tuffet? Let me introduce you to them. The Marvelous Marion and Stupendous Steph of The Quilters Angel ran a tuffet making class taught by Terri from Gladstone (sorry ... I don't remember her surname ... but she was lovely! :0) ) While I wasn't tuffet-making, I joined the tuffet-makers to watch their progress and cheer them on ... everyone needs a cheer squad, right?! :0) It was so interesting to watch everyone make 'the same' project in different fabrics and have them all turn out so differently. Ready to see??

Ta Da! Don't they look fantastic!! I'm pretty sure Miss Muffet wishes she had this range of tuffets to pick from to get comfy on to face her spidery foe! :0) Different styles, different looks ... all GORGEOUS!! 

And here are all of the tuffet-makers ... looking justifiably proud of their tuffets. Thankfully ... there was no sign of Miss Muffet or her giant spider!!! :0)

And here are the three ladies who made the weekend possible ... thanks Steph, Terri and Marion!!

I wasn't totally idle while tuffets were being tackled ... I was stitching away on my Secret Squirrel projects ... good progress ... now for machine sewing - EEP! :0) So I can't show you THAT project finished, but I DID have a couple of finishes to add to my OPAM list ... and that's my SMOOTH segue-way into the June OPAM prize draw announcement. Yeah ... smooth as silk, I am! Tee! Hee! Hee!

Moving right along ... June was another wonderfully creative month for you clever-clogs stitchers/knitters/crocheters. There were 328 finishes ... WELL DONE!! There were so many lovely projects created in June ... how inspiring it is for my GORGEOUS Partner-In-Crime Sweet Peg and I each month to see what you ladies have been up to in your sewing rooms. And that includes all of you who may not have been able to add finishes to your list, but spent some time making progress on longer-term projects. Taking time to be creative, to refresh your heart and lift your spirits is at the heart of what we do.

So ... to the prize draw ... this month's winners are ...


and ...


Congratulations, ladies! Drop me an email and I'll pop a little something in the postie's bag for you.

Right now, though, I think I hear the kettle calling my name and the temperature is starting to dip, so I think it's time to stoke up the fire. NOT looking forward to the weekend when they're telling me there's a chance of sub-zero temps, sleet and snow in our region ... EEK!!! I can see that I will be retreating to my cushion and blanket fort in front of the fire, pulling up the drawbridge and hibernating til spring!! :0) Stay warm, southern gals and stay cool northern ones. Oh and one last VERY important comment ...

QUEENSLANDER!!!



Til next time ...

MAROON BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS


6 comments:

Michelle Ridgway said...

Yes go the Maroons!!!! I spy with my little eye my lovely friend Robyn M. On the left with her tuffet...aren't they beautiful x

Maddy said...

Firstly Go The Maroons. Love those tuffets looking forward to making one myself very soon such a variety.

Jo said...

Well done winners.
Don't those tuffets look fantastic

Maria said...

Congrats to the OPAM winners..
Love those Tuffets... Can't pick a favorite ...

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

awesome tuffets. And of of course you weren't idle. You are always busy. I thought you might have been the tea lady for the Tuffett makers. :)

Judy S. said...

Love those tuffets!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...