Monday 20 July 2015

Stitching Fun & A Dinosaur!!

Are you intrigued by that title??? I promise to explain. :0)

Last week here on top of our 'hill' was FREEEEEEEEZING!! And I'm not just saying that because I hate winter ... there was SNOW and SLEET just hours from us and our temperatures were joining in the frosty fun dipping down to ZERO!! It was FOUR degrees in my work office several days in a row when I was arriving at 8:30am ... not to mention the horrible, icy westerly and south-westerly winds that were up to 45km/h ... I'm sure I saw a polar bear walk past my office window chatting to a penguin!!! EEK!

So how does a confirmed summer girl cope with such wintery weather? Why, she runs away from home to play with her stitching buddies, of course! :0) The Friday Night Sit N Sew gals had a mini retreat this weekend and although I was a sooky-la-la and didn't sleep over (I SOOOO love my own bed! Tee! Hee! Hee!) I braved the gale force winds to venture out. Unfortunately ... I was so busy gasbagging ... chatting ... laughing ... drinking tea ... STITCHING!! ... that I forgot to take a lot of photos of what was made ... OOPS! :0) I DO however, have a fun pic to share. One of the Friday Night gals, Jenny-Lee, was gifted a copy of my "Ooh! La! La! Lingerie Bags" pattern and has been playing with it ...

Isn't it GORGEOUS!!! It's a bit hard to see in the pic with the bag drawn and tied (sounds like a painful torture!!) Jenny-Lee has put a lovely lace layer over the plain pink fabric for the top panel. And what about that fabric?!!! One of the other gals loved the fabric so much she went in search of some ... and when she found it on a super special, she bought some for a few of us ... WOO! HOO!! Thank's Sue-Gail! :0)

The other photos I remembered to take were of some sweetie-treaties that Leonie's cake artist daughter made specially for our retreat ...

Patchwork cupcakes!! Aren't they fabulous! And ... DEEEEEELICIOUS! :0) And as if we needed even MORE sugar ...

... a cake wrapped in a patchwork quilt!! Not only was the icing fantastic to look at, the cake was lovely and moist ... YUMMO!! :0) No sewing finishes to share ... still stitching away on a shop sample for the Marvelous Marion and a bit of work on a Secret Squirrel project. Hope to share something soon.

Now ... to the second part of this post title ... about 8 months ago, my darling brother rang very excited to say that he and his wife were expecting a new addition to their family. When their two sons (4 and 2) were asked whether they thought mummy was expecting a baby boy or a baby girl, they delightedly exclaimed ... "A DINOSAUR!!" So since then, we've been waiting to see whether it would be a PINK dinosaur or a BLUE dinosaur! :0) Today we received the news ...


It's a BLUE dinosaur! :0) That makes nephew number 11 ... with just 3 nieces to try to balance things out between my Beloved Geek Boy's side of the family and mine. No chance of remembering birthdays, so I shall just add an entry to the family spreadsheet! :0) Congrats to my 'little' brother and his wife. 

So that's how things are toodling along here at the Meares' Madhouse. Hope you had a fab weekend and that your week is off to a great start. I'm off to peek at dinosaur photos with a cuppa before heading off to sleepy-bo-bos to recover from the busy weekend. :0) Til next time ...

BLUE BEAR HUGS!!

CHEERS!
KRIS




6 comments:

KimM said...

Hi, Kris - what a great post!! Loe the bag - it's beautiful. And that cake - yummy!! And blue dinosaur - CONGRATS!!!
xxx
P.S. Stay warm
xxx

Maria said...

OHHHHHH!!!!! I do hope it get warmer in your part of Aussie soon. Like you I don't like the cold..
Lovely sugary treats to keep you going.

Congrates on the arrival of the Blue Dinosaur...

Janice said...

Polar bears are sitting in lounge chairs with sunglasses on and a cold drink in hand at zero degrees!!!! lol Congrats on the blue dino and the cake looks amazing!

Jo said...

I'm feeling the cold with you. It was -3 when my hubby went to work. And -5 at my friends house. I can't wait for winter to be over.

Jo said...

Oh congrats about the dinosaur

Fiona said...

woohoo..... congrats on the Blue Dinosaur.... was lovely stitching with you at the weekend...x
Hugz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...