Friday 17 December 2021

Christmas Craziness!!

EEP! How has it been three weeks since I posted?! And how is it only a week til the chubby bloke in red starts his round-the-world delivery trek?!! Clearly someone has been stealing days from my weeks again. πŸ™„ Sorry, bloggy friends! The only excuse I have is that Christmas craziness has been in full swing here at the Meares Madhouse for the last few weeks & I’m running behind. Hmmm ... behind-er?!?! 🀣

I HAVE managed a little bit of sewing in the midst of festive frivolities  ...


One of my favourite-to-make items ... a pretty drawstring lingerie bag to keep your knickers & bras tucked away in your suitcase. This was for our stitching group’s Secret Santa & the lovely Chriss was the happy recipient. Like me, she loves French General fabrics & travels quite a bit ... when the zombie apocalypse allows. πŸ™„ So this will be handy for her. And this is our group of crazy stitchers celebrating ...

There were a few of our tribe missing, (& being missed!) but we had a lovely catch-up. My other finish (one for November & one for December ... YAY! ) was another of my go-to gift projects ...


An across-the-body bag that’s just the right size to hold purse, phone & keys for a walk along the beach or a fun night out. I’ve got a version I use for evening outings (I usually carry a dotty backpack rather than a handbag, which isn’t very’classy’ for a night out. 😜) & have made my Mum a couple of different colour versions. This one hasn’t been gifted yet, but is for a lovely friend who’s a bit of a bohemian/hippie like me, so a batik daisy is right up her alley. πŸ˜‰

Now on to other finishes ... OPAM for November. There has definitely been a lot of sewing & creating going on amongst our OPAMers with ...

81 FINISHES 

... for November! WOW! Well done everyone! And I also saw lots of project progress pics when I was doing my blog hopping, so well done to those who may not have any finishes to record, but made some headway on some longer term projects. And the winner of the random draw is ..


Congrats, Cheryll! Drop me an email & I’ll send you your PDF prize pattern to play with. Thanks to everyone who emailed their totals ... it gives me a good head start to collecting the totals each month. 😁

Right now, though, I think I hear the kettle playing my song. 😜 Ooh! Speaking of songs ... I started a little challenge over on the Quilters Angel Tribe FB page for us to put together the 12 Days Of Christmas for Quilters & had some fun results! 😁 I’ll try to remember to share it next post, but you can pop across to peek if you can’t wait. If you’re not yet part of this FB group, just visit the Quilters Angel FB page & look for how to join. It’s a fun, supportive tribe of stitchers. 😁 And that’s me done for today. πŸ˜‰ Take care of yourselves, keep stitching & keep smiling. Til next time ...

BEAR HUGS!

CHEERS!
KRIS 




2 comments:

Maria said...

A happy group of stitchers there enjoying chissie GTG.. Lovely bag you made for your swap partner and the one for a friend.
Great lot of finishes and congrates to Cheryll for the win.

Have a fabulous Christmas....

Chookyblue...... said...

not sure about someone stealing the days from the weeks I think they have taken some weeks from the months also.......
lovely bag and great your group could get together......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...