Tuesday 14 April 2020

Feel in' Groovy! LAHFA Block!

EDIT: There have been a few technical glitches with various platforms, apps & devices not talking to each other, so please be patient. For those looking for the pattern download on your phone, scroll to the bottom of this page & click on View Web Version under the Home button.Then click on the Love & Hugs logo on the left of the page, this should take you straight to the pattern. KRIS



Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend & I hope you’re ready to do some stitchin’, cos it’s my turn to share a block for the Love & Hugs From Australia Stitchalong … WOO! HOO!! I’m pretty excited about that & feel so blessed to be part of this wonderful initiative which is connecting stitchers worldwide during a time when we all need to be reminded that we’re not alone. A HUGE thanks to Natalie Bird of The Birdhouse Designs for gathering us together & big thanks to Nat & her merry band of admins who have been working hard to keep things running as smoothly as possible … which is NOT always an easy thing to do.


When Natalie invited me to be part of LAHFA, I was keen to be part of something spreading joy, fun & colour during a difficult time. I wanted my block to be fun & make people smile … which led to a couple of my favourite cute Combi vans & their link to the free-wheeling, peace, love & rock ‘N’ roll 60’s … my brother is always telling me I’m a leftover hippie! Tee! Hee! Hee! And as I started to sketch, the words of a Simon & Garfunkel song seemed like a timely reminder … “Slow down, you’re moving too fast … you’ve got to make this moment last … Feelin’ Groovy!” 
😊

 


So as you stitch this block & the other GORGEOUS designs by the equally gorgeous & talented Aussie designers in this group, I hope it is a reminder to you to slow down & enjoy life’s journey wherever it takes you & I hope it leaves you … Feelin’ Groovy! 😊

 

To download my block you can click on the Love & Hugs logo on my sidebar … or pop over to the LAHFA Facebook page to follow the link & see what everyone else is up to with their stitching

 

After finishing my Groovy stitchery, I decided to take it a step further & design a project to showcase it … for those who don’t want to make their blocks into a quilt & … like me …LOOOOOVE a nice roomy bag to stash their stitching in. 😉 So, after scratching through my stash I made my stitchery into …

 


A Groovy rainbow Tote Bag! 😊 Obviously my heart needed a rainbow. 😉 But WAIT …there’s MORE!! I decided to make a second version of my Groovy Tote Bag, this time featuring some GORGEOUS Tilda fabrics. And since the only thing better than one handy drawstring bag is TWO handy drawstring bags, I designed a simple drawstring bag with a slightly different Groovy Combi stitchery to store your stitching necessities in. 

 



The pattern & kits in these fun & funky Tilda fabrics are available NOW From The Quilters Angel. The doors to the bricks & mortar shop may be shut, but the Marvellous Marion & Stupendous Steph are working hard to provide online, email & phone orders for stitchers, so if you’re looking for more stitching supplies … or a kit for my “Feelin’ Groovy! Drawstring Bag set” 😉 … Pop over HERE to get shopping, then get stitching! 😊

 

And since I now have to toodle off to my grown up job to impersonate a responsible adult, I’ll sign off for now. I hope you all have a fantastic day. Stay well, stay safe, stay home, stay stitching … & stay GROOVY! 😉 Til next time …

 

BEAR HUGS!


CHEERS!

KRIS

 

 


15 comments:

retdairyqueen said...

Looks Groovy Can't wait to stitch it
Thankyou

Junior e Cris said...

It's really beautiful! Can't wait to stitch it... thank you so much!
I'm just not able to find the link to download it.

Sharon bickham said...

What sidebar thanks?

Maria said...

Love it ! Beautiful bright GC threads ....

Smilingangel said...

Hi Kris,
love your pattern and wanted to see any other patterns you have created but sadly the link doesn't seem to go anywhere and this seems to be happening with the link to your drawstring bag too. Very happy that the link to LAHFA was sucessful. May your day be a good one

Unknown said...

Hi im so looking forward to stitching this however no “sidebar” or place to download this from????

Unknown said...

My phone isnt showing a sidebar either. Sorry for the fuss.

Pam said...

Not able to get the pattern either...
Web not working either

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kris great design thankyou ,hope you and Geek boy are ok ,cheers Shez xx

Traceyj said...

For those looking for the pattern download on your phone. Scroll to the bottom of this page and click on View web version which is under the Home button.Then click on Love and hugs logo on the left of the page, thus should take you straight to the pattern. Hope that helps. Thank you Kris for the pattern!

Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thanks Kris for the groovy stitchery!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Lots of fun Kris.

Janice said...

Thanks for the block Kris. It is just the fun, colourful vibe we need at the moment.

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Such a fun and colourful block Kris!!
Hugs and stay safe,
Kerryanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...